Unpopular Opinions Thread: 2013 Edition

• Members

I didnt like her but I didnt think she should have been killed off. With that said, I much preferred Natalia Livingston as Rebecca Shaw over Emily. I thought she did better playing the "Anti-Emily" and loved her being bitchy and how she would rattle Liz. The show did her a disservice when they tried to morph her into Emily-lite, by putting her with Nikolas and softening up her image/attitude, instead of letting her be original

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Victor has over stayed his purpose on Y&R. They should have a character kill him off by shooting him in the face at his desk.

I liked Terry Lester better as Jack. PB does all that emotional, vulnerable, crying schlock(like channeling Joan Crawford). Terry's version of Jack was a SOB who rarely had remorse and didn't care. He was awesome.

• Members

I'm tired of male characters who have no chemistry with women being called gay. Unless they have some type of scorching chemistry with other men, which they rarely do in my opinion (and jokes aside I never really saw it with Kevin/Michael on Y&R either), then they will be just as much of a flop with men as they are with women.

If PP does do the OLTL thing I have zero desire to see Cutter and "Kimmy," as I never bought their relationship, a relationship the show couldn't even keep track of (saying at one point he was older and the next that she was older). Alex as their mother was pointless and silly. I did like the Kim/Clint relationship, but that's about it.

• Members

This is an unpopular opinion? :lol: It's true, any scene with JMW and KM, I automatically sit up and pay attention because these two really do play the frenemy relationship with undertones of love and grudging respect as well as jealousy. I love that girl [!@#$%^&*] stuff.

• Members

To your first statement can I add the wishing every young male character on soaps to be gay? I always read so and so young male should be gay it would open so many story possibilities yet no one talks about the alleged story possibilities beyond the parents not being excepting. Like Noah on Y&R. I've read that his ex girlfriend who just came is the "Gabi Hernandez of Y&R" cock blocking the gay men.

• Members

Yes, I'd agree with that. To be honest I don't want any more gay characters on soaps, because soaps do a terrible job with them, but I don't mind the idea if the story is there. The problem is when you hear "_____ should be gay because his parents would go nuts!" "_____ should be gay because then they can have sex!!!" That's not a story, or much of a reason. If you want to see that, write a fic - you'll likely do a better job than the show. You aren't going to be seeing any hot manlove on daytime TV. And then you get into the idea that this character should be automatically hooked up with the town's token gay.

• Members

B&B

I dont see anythign wrong with the actresses that play Steffy, Hope and Caroline. Ive seen them get quite a bit of hate here with people saying the show needs to recast them all but I think they are all fine and suited at playing the roles they have. Do I like them all? Of course not. I cant stand Hope and think Caroline needs to go, but neither has anythign to do with the actresses. Jacqui Mac is perfectly suited as Steffy and has grown quite a bit since her debut in 2008

Archived