2013: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
I haven't noticed any difference.

No. DAYS went with 4 SWs after Cherrill left. Levinson didn't come in until Marlene and Darrell started.

What's the structure there? Do Michael and Jack write all the breakdowns, while Kay edits? And all of them, including Mulcahey, help with stories and layouts?

• Members

Brad and Michael start with initial thrust (although Jack/Kay/Patrick all can have a say in general story direction). Brad and Jack, in particular, will discuss story in long-term. The term "outline" in relation to B&B is not the same as on other shows - a writer is lucky if they get 4 pages per script. Kay, at least in the past, edits, but Brad always wants the final pass on a script. Patrick, to my understanding, offers broad strokes, but may still even do a dialogue pass for important (Emmy/DGA/WGA,etc) scripts.

• Members

The days where the bells had control at y and r are over. I am hearing the Maria bell fans were upset at first but Since jill took over everything is so much better, more accessible, Jill is always there for the actors and they ate appreciating it. Maria was always missing in action, horrible with communication and she hadn't met with her directing or writing teams very much.

• Members

Jill will pare down the writing staff too. She worked with 9 or 10 writers at GH. You can be sure that more writers will go. I'm guessing next on the list is Paula Cwikly who's an "older" woman. We know Jill likes the young babes. Michael Conforti will get an expanded role. I think we'll see one or two writers from HH get scriptwriting gigs.

Archived