2013: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Michael Conforti wrote today's Y&R breakdown and script...he's the new Amanda Beall! JFP and friends are truly taking over Y&R....Dean LaMont has directed one episode in the last six weeks, but Owen Renfro gets tons...and the show isn't offensive anymore as it was under MAB but it's so boring and unispired and predictable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nothing againist Jen Pepperman being hired by PP to EP OLTL but I would have chosen Suzanne Flynn who had been a producer at OLTL for over two decades. But then again maybe Suzanne wouldnt have wanted the RP job at OLTL

• Administrator

One of his' favorites' (Rebecca Taylor) is back! LOL I wonder who she knows because she survived every regime change since 1997. Amazing! The surprise choice is Sue Johnson! I never would've guess that. I'm also surprised that OLTL didn't bring back any former OLTL writers to be part of the staff, while AMC did.

And 72 year old David Cherrill is back with DAYS. That dude just doesn't want to retire. LOL

• Members

Rebecca Taylor is fine -- I think her writing comes across modern and young -- but I would have gone with Joanna Cohen if she is still available! Glad Lisa Connor and Chip Hayes are back at AMC - some familiarity on the team needed given the new people at the top.

AMC needed a mold breaker, someone outside daytime, too though probably. They didn't get that.

The OLTL writers were previously announced so nothing new. Would be interested to find out how the non-daytime people on the OLTL team find the task of writing soap scripts.

• Members

The OLTL staff is interesting for sure. I like that there is new blood and I find it interesting than none of those people had anything to do with OLTL for so many years. Carlivati had such a clear tone for the show so I'm sure whatever direction they take will be a shock to viewers familiar with his OLTL. It looks like AMC has a more familiar team at least. VERY shocked at Sue Johnson though LOL.

• Members

Actually, it doesn't surprise me that AMC brought back people who know the show if the HWs have never been part of the company before, and Sue Johnson is a surprise, but she was well liked at ABC. I believe she also has a writing degree, and was responsible for developing writing talent for ABC. The big, big question is did she believe all the bull#$^@ about only writing for those 40 and younger or was she just puking up the company line to keep her job. I suspect she wasn't actually a fan of Fronz.

• Members

Gary Tomlin really has a lot of faith and a long-term working relationship with his Emmy-nominated Another World writing team from 1984/85. The Cullitons, Fran Myers, and David Cherrill were already working with him then.

I didn't know David Cherrill had been an actor too, All My Shadows. I don't see an IMDB acting credit for him. Who did he play on ATWT? Are you saying he was Tom Hughes?

Archived