2013: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

I think Prospect Park is much more likely to add Hogan Sheffer to one of their soaps. Not Cwickly or Conforti.

Nelson Branco had a blind item last week that said a headwriting team may be fired soon. We know it's not Ron who's solo. We know it's not Brad Bell. So that leaves AMC, DOOL, Y&R or AMC. I don't think PP would release McPherson/Snyder so quickly since Agnes probably approved them. I can see Racina going now that Horgan is gone. I'm wondering if Sony is going to cut their losses with Griffith and replace him, Altman and Thompson. Nelson probably hopes it's Tomin/Whitesell.

Toups: do you have any intell on soon to be fired headwriters?

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know that Bledsoe Horgan had become a life coach, and was writing self help books... perhaps she agreed to come back to help map out the first several months and when it was interfering with her practice, she gave PP notice. I'm guessing that she and Racina had mapped out a fair amount of the episodes already and she probably felt confident that he would be able to carry on the stories.

I'm hoping that Mcpherson/Snyder are not the combo being sent out to pasture... Unless there is a personal reason, I don't think PP should rock the boat.

Hopefully PP would realize that Sheffer did damage to soaps as badly as Frons did.

• Members

Good question. I have not seen that either. If OLTL adds a Co-HW I could see it being someone Racina has worked with before Like:

Sally Sussman Mornia

Pam Long

Leah Laiman

Sherri Anderson

• Members

Sheri Anderson. Both Leah Laiman and Pam Long head-wrote OLTL BITD; both failed (although, you might chalk up their failures to network interference). Sally Sussman Morina, IMO, never has been a good HW, not even at her own soap, GENERATIONS.

• Administrator

I think Racina and Sussman are still close so he might be lobbying for her.

It looks like Natalie Minardi Slater was demoted at Y&R. For Monday's episode she wasn't listed in the Associate Head Writers section, she was instead listed in daily episode section where she's never listed.

Archived