The Plan to Save Days 2013

• Members

I like where you are going with the Abby character. What I would change is that instead of Hope being her surrogate mother, how about Adrienne? It would make sense for Abby to turn to someone in her deceased father's family, imho. I do recall the show hinting that Abby was following in her parents footstep in becoming a reporter/journalist so her interning at the tv station would work.. especially if Nicole is there.

If the show were to revert back to its original roots of a psychological drama, then Abby is a great character to delve into. For instance, her hesitance to lose her virginity could be deeper then waiting for the "one". I think she could be feeling deep guilt and a sense of worthlessness given her recent behavior in 2012 (i.e. the brief obsessive crush, losing Chad to her best friend, and losing her father just as they were starting to repair the damage to their relationship)..Plus, both of her parents have abandoned her at numerous times in her life.. and since her father is dead, she could turn that resentment toward her mother (didnt Jennifer have an affair and leave the family to come back to Salem in 2000?). She could lambast her mother for having such 'high' standards that no one could meet while blaming her mother for driving her father away so many times. Of course, this would involve Princess Jennifer being pushed off her high up throne, but I think it would make a great story.. imho

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This might be a crazy idea, and will never happen. But instead of constantly firing writing staff, how about keeping the writers and bringing in a temp consultant like Agnes Nixon to teach these writers how to write a soap. She can go over story projections, breakdowns and teach them what is important for the show to survive. Not exactly write the show or dictate those things, but basically pass on her knowledge and give these writers an idea of what works and what doesn't.

It just feels like most of these writers don't know the genre well enough, and no one really taught them the finer details, and the constant revolving door of writers on the show is what is hurting most, as it is a disruption. Crazy idea I know, but some thinking outside the square is needed. I am sure it would feel like an insult to the HW but hey it is better than no show at all.

Archived