DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Members

Yup it was and how tack that Will could only see through the blinds..blah..I wanted him to see it on the other side.

My dream ending is Gabi loses the baby........ is heartbroken goes crazy and winds up in the loony bin....Rafe realizes that his sweet innocent sister isnt so snowy white....Will devasted tries to get Sonny to lay his shoulders on only to find him totally in love with Brian....sweet!

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

During the credits crawl, the final name on the writers' credits will list (for example) "and...Melissa Salmons", that credit changes with every episode, denoting who the writer of that particular script was. I am so far a HUGE Melissa Salmons fan, and honestly, if the show made you like them together, I have a strong suspicion it was her script that did it. If not, I'm very surprised.

• Members

Thank you! I've deleted it from my DVR, but I'll try and find it on Hulu tomorrow to see if it was her script. I've been loving loving all of her work lately, from the episodes mentioned here that are hers.

• Members

I see I'm not the only one who is glad to see Brian back. I can totally understand why Sonny went for that guy. I loved the stuff about meditation and contemplating the emptiness of existence. But poor Will ...

Yes, Melissa Salmons really is a great writer. All the scenes go deep. But that's how the show has been almost every day since I started watching at the beginning of the year. It's rare to have such a strong collection of writers. Days is so fortunate, and I think people who haven't seen the writing lately are really missing out. I also agree with you, Ira, in liking the little subplots in the stories.

I'm rooting for Brady and Kristen. I think Kristen really cares about him.

Sami pouring her heart out to EJ was well-written and explored the character's feelings, but I was still pissed at her for yelling at Gabi earlier, so I was like whatevs. I thought Rafe came off well in his scene with EJ earlier; it's too bad it seems like that subtle Rafe is not around more, as opposed to a more overbearing one.

Nice to see Abigail and I appreciate that she was trying to get Sonny to give Will a second chance. I think it's funny how she's Sonny cousin through her dad, and Will's cousin through her mom. I like her sparks with both Cameron and Chad. I'm glad she still can't forgive Chad though and I'm glad Chad is still feeling bad for what he did. Nice that Chad and Will made up. Yikes though, did he just make things worse for Will and Sonny sending Will to see Sonny right at that moment?

I'm loving that the layered story I was hoping for where the "adults" and Nick would be the main reason for custody heating up (first Kate, then Sami, acting like bullies), while Will and Gabi would probably have been fine all raising the baby together otherwise, is happening. Will was adorable poking his head in the door trying to thank Nick while Nick guiltily changed what he was looking at on the computer. If Nick tries to go public with Will really being the one who shot EJ, the rift in the Horton family would be fascinating to watch. But first, how would Nick convince Gabi to turn on Will? There's still so much to play out here. And despite my support for Will, I still feel sympathetic toward Nick too. He just wants to protect Gabi and the baby. He's asked what she wants most of the time, and I don't think he is possessive or controlling.

It'll be interesting to see if Kate and Nick have scenes together at work whenever "next week" comes. I'm glad Will showed concern for what Kate was going through with Billie. I'm glad there was one more day of Billie than I thought too. It's true they didn't set it up much, but it also makes sense in retrospect because Billie did come across as an appendage in a lot of the scenes she was in with Kate, keeping mum except for little wisecracks.

I'm waiting for the next Will/Sami or Will/Marlena scene. I want Will to plead with Sami to back off after he hears how she was accusing Gabi of plotting something with the wedding. (The sad thing is, Sami was willing to let it go and plan things with Gabi after hearing Will was at the sonogram, but Gabi ruined it by rejecting her at that point. Still, Sami is more at fault here.) I also can't wait for the parallels between Marlena/John and Will/Sonny to be brought up (keeping something quiet from the love of one's life in part because of fear of losing him, and now they are apart). I hope someone will have a good idea to suggest to Will for how Will can get Sonny back.

• Members

Yeah, the writing saff is the best the show has had in decades, honestly. The weakest point really is at the top.

Sami going to EJ is honestly so in character right now and this is one of the first times she as a character hasnt had be sacrificed to make them work

Abby is also Nick's cousin, thats whats truly hilarious. Well, second cousin, but still.

The horton split really does need Julie and this is one of the rare times im saying that. You could have Maggie/Jen/Abby support Will and Julie/Hope support nick (they would... ugh)

Marlena/Sami/Will really is where the heart of this should be. That dynamic is amazing and all the actors play so well off eachother.

Archived