Serial Drama's Best and Worst of 2012

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The truth is I'm smacko in the middle. I think Cartini have done a reasonable job making GH a very engaging show, just like they did with OLTL. But I recognize their very glaring, sometimes enraging shortcomings (see: The Brothers Pectoral Fords). I appreciate what they've done for GH and OLTL, but even with all that, I still can't bring myself to sit down day to day and watch GH. Something about it REALLY bothers me and I cannot put my finger on exactly what it is.

• Members

It's the writing. Disjointed, plot pointed and convoluted. There is no consistency or continuity and if not for nostalgia of characters from the past, GH would truly be seen as the collosal mess it is. Nothing makes sense, and you can't rely on anything that comes out of the mouths of the characters. It just might be a good idea to allow one or two breakdown writers to handle a story arc as opposed to daily passing the characters around to different writers. Perhaps that might help.

Case in point, AJ Quartermaine is back, and for the life of me, I don't know why. It started out strong (mostly thanks to LC) and now flopping right before our eyes. The current "writing" has "AJ is a loser written all over it". Instead of a battle for ELQ, silly Lucy is the tie breaker? Why not let AJ do battle with Carly, and when she really pisses him off, use Michael by revealing that Todd was a rapist. She would have to let Todd go, at least for a little while, and think about how to get AJ back. Having her team up with Tracy would be a great way to start. As it stands, Carly is Todd's woman with not much else to do, and that is ridiculous. Seems like the meat of the story left after week one. FRon are just too simple to "go there". To take a story beyond level one is a foreign concept to them! This is why they settle for camp. Look at the effort being put into Kawny...

Need I say more?

Archived