GH: Discussion for the Month of January

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess this should go in December, but, anyway...

I was watching a little of some episodes from a week or two back, and I thought some of the individual Lucy scenes were surprisingly good. I was worried she'd be a grotesque parody, but I like that she changed her mind on the Nurses Ball in part because she was so moved to see Patrick and be reminded of Robin. Lynn Herring was kind of OTT when she was on ATWT a few years ago but she's settled in very well as Lucy.

I got used to Leslie C's face again relatively quickly, so that's good.

Bradford Anderson is aging terribly. He looks like Gollum.

GH got a break with all the free publicity over Felix, because he's actually dull as hell, and not the best actor.

• Members

The only way that I'd ever want that jackass character back is if he returned as Jason Quartermaine. While I know that it'd be unrealistic for the show to pretend that his years as the roided goiter never existed (much as I'd love them for doing so), I would be open to seeing a recast Jason (who would bother to make the effort to keep his body in shape while showcasing a smidge of the acting talent that his predecessor lacked) having to grapple with the reality that he spent the past 15+ years as a murderer-for-hire instead of fulfilling his destiny as the next Dr. Quartermaine.

• Members

Jason hadn't been a character for many years. I don't think he is missed.

I also can't say you'll find many exciting actors on "Cartini" shows. OLTL was full of shockingly bad leading men and with one or two exceptions, their GH is the same. Then again that's not new for GH.

• Members

I don't see the point of Jason at this time, but the mistake was leaving that monotone drone, Spam, on canvas because we are going to have to watch RC use alot of energy to make this chick interesting when she's anything but! I wish DWTS did a "Tour For Losers" to give KeMo something to do for a long time and keep her away from GH.

• Members

Frankly, I can't imagine how a recast Jason (Quartermaine) would be in any way worse than what I had to endure for 16 years. Furthermore, I'm sure that there are plenty of late 30/early 40s out-of-work soap actors who'd be willing to put forth the effort into playing the character without refusing to play him in the way that made many (including myself) love him back in the day or play out any storylines that depicted him as anything other than the Holy Messiah of Hitmen.

• Members

ChitHappens IMO,

Sam sucked what little life was left of this character; the insistence of shackling him to this pairing; I could never understand but for the last four years Burton seemed bored out of his mind literally sleep walking through scenes.

I've gone to several of his PA's and he has addressed the love scene issue e.g. his wife prohibits them etc etc

my impression is he's not that fond of them and do the bare minimum. I guess time will tell it will be interesting to see how many he does on Y/R...

• Members

At the risk of opening a floodgate that nobody wants, Becky brought something out of Steve. Hardly a Liason or JaSam fan, quite the opposite, but if anyone brought Steve to life, RH, was that person. KeMo is just another horse whisperer that Steve didn't need as he wasn't that charismatic himself.

Archived