GH: Discussion for the Month of January

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not going to put a link in here but I just wanted to mention, as someone did in the December thread, that some good picture and sound quality episodes from late 1979 are being uploaded. There's a link in the videobash thread. It's great stuff, Tracy and the Quartermaines seeing her conniving husband Mitch (perpetually stoned looking Chris Pennock) ascend to the DA's office, lots of disco (and the disco actually seems fairly believable by soap standards), Laura's rape aftermath (it's disgusting to see the cover up already underway but has some wonderful acting from Genie Francis), the days before Roy DiLucca's death, and so much more. There's a lot of Bobbie too.

The highlight for me was the Quartermaines being interviewed on election night, with the Webbers and friends watching on TV, squawking about Tracy's hairdo.

• Members

So why does ABC air a repeat of GH on Christmas Eve, no episode Christmas Day, a repeat on New Year's Eve and No episode on New Year's day? Especially when the other soaps are airing new episodes. It just seems stupid. They did the same thing with OLTL and AMC too. Why air repeats when you could show a new episode and maybe pick up some new viewers? Maybe you could gain back some long lost viewers who grew tired of the show and just happen to turn it to GH on the day they are off and decide they like the show again and want to start watching/DVR'ing it again. It dosen't make sense that every holiday it's a repeat.

• Members

I've been pondering the idea of Jason returning and I have decided that the only way I want him back on the show is if he has NOTHING to do with the mob. Give him some story with Sam and Daniel and of course A.J. but if they bring him back PLEASE don't make him a mobster again. Let him get out of the mob life and maybe try to get into ELQ or take over or something. I am just so sick of the mob. Even Sonny has little to do with the mob anymore and I have actually started liking Sonny again.

• Members

Doolfan,

WHAT MOB!

We continue to hear about Sonny as this dangerous mob boss, but I don't find that to be true. Here is what we know: Johnny took his mentally ill woman to bed and came to Sonny and took responsiblity. Johnny then marries the same mentally ill woman, and NOTHING? Does Sonny know he's broke? Sonny is no longer a reputed mob boss that needs to be brought down. The only good thing about the mob now is that Shawn gets a lot of scenes wearing wife beaters. Kawny has been wearing Sonny's nuts as earrings for a minute now.

FRon need to cut it out with that crap because nothing onscreen says Sonny is a mob boss to be feared. It might just be time for Sonny to be written out. I don't want him to go, but other than "mobster", what is there to him? Skate? GMAFB!

• Members

Yeah the mob has been severely downplayed. It's not a major presence on this show and barely there. Jason's story prior to his death wasnt about the mob. Jason at ELQ? Nah can't see that at all and frankly don't want to. He's too stupid for that

Archived