GH: Valentine's Day Supercouple Marathon

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wish they'd just PICK an interesting group of episodes instead of leaving it to the fans. Why even include Steve and Audrey when they know this younger fanbase won't know to vote for them? Considering so much of GH is saved, I'd love to see a nice collection of episodes that celebration GH in general. I don't even understand the Supercouple angle. That's more of a DAYS thing.

• Members
that wasnt to celebrate Days anniversary. It was to fill up airtime due the show going on hiatus for 2 weeks due to the Olympics. If Soaptalk was around, Im sure Y&R would get a featured episode but I dont think its surprising that they arent blocking off hours just to celebrate Y&R's anniversary in marathon form

• Members

I guess to me it wouldn't be that out of the question, since they have little else, and obviously they have some type of deal with Sony. I'm not saying I expect it, and I don't even think they'd pick good episodes, I just think it wouldn't be totally out of the realm of possibility.

• Members

I think they included them so they can include couples from all the decades. Steve and Audrey represent the 60's and Dante and Lulu represent the 2010's. I think an all day marathon of all these couples would have been a better way to go.

Nikolas and Emily are kind of an unnecessary choice, but whatever.

• Members

I don't get the point of asking people to vote because it will be Jason and ???(all his couples) and Sonny and ???(all his couples) with Luke and Laura probably squeezing in. Plus outside of 2 couples on this list at best, none of these are "supercouples". They love to throw that term out like cotton candy today today.

• Members

Although I think couples like Luke/Laura, Sonny/Brenda, Jax/Brenda, and Robin/Stone belong on the list ( I am not going to touch JaSam/Liason, Lante, Nik and Emily-as they have no place on this list), I feel like Soapnet has aired most of their key episodes in previous marathons. Brenda, Robin, Lucky, Jason, Sonny, and Sonny/Brenda, Luke/Laura have all had marathons plus with this year's Gold Medal Moments, I feel like a lot of the material has already been exhausted and has aired recently. I would have preferred just being able to chose from older couples from the 70's and 80's and more varied choices from the 90's like Lucy/Kevin, Ned/Lois, or Carly and Jason/Robin and Jason. I mean, I really don't want to see JaSam's stupid wedding at the Chinese restaurant one more time, nor do I really want to see Clink Boom that has to be it's sixth re-airing on Soapnet. I like the idea, but I hope they specify what episodes they are going to use because that what I will base my vote on.

• Members

Well this I agree with, but with Soapnet's logic they probably are thinking about what episodes they have already aired and what is cheapest to air. Besides Soapnet boards and Facebook are full of JaSam, Liason, Scrubs and Lante fans. I think ABC/Soapnet believes they are super popular and judging from the episodes 'chosen by voters' for the Gold Medal Moments, these couples probably will make the cut. Most fans of classic GH and the five true supercouples on the internet prefer to discuss soaps on messageboards or watch old clips not spend eight hours robo-voting on websites for their couple. Honestly, I am suspect of how they truly choose these episodes and if they are the highest vote getters. Soapnet seems to air what GH/ABC wants to currently push with a few nostalgic choices thrown in (most likely L&L, S&B, and D&A in this case)

• Members

I have no doubt that a recent couple like Jasam will get voted in. The point is that Robert & Holly should be included in the choices of supercouple. Otherwise, the list is a joke. People don't take the choices seriously. Put the couples that belong on the list on the list. I get including the other couples. I do. And have no doubt that Scrubs will make it in the top 5 as they are a recent couple as well. But at least acknowledge who was a true supercouple on this show.

• Members

Nice to see some some Nem haters on here. I hated that forced couple and the general consensus I usually see about them on every board that is not twop is that they were meant to be together and were great now despite everyone complaining about them when they were onscreen.

A Y&R marathon would be nice but lets face it Soapnet doesn't really like to do non GH related marathons. Hell they dropped the Y&R same day marathon off Soapnet a few months ago and put the GH one in it's place and brought back the DAYS one even though the Y&R one was their highest rated.

Archived