If You Could Own 20 Episodes Of Your Favorite Soap

• Members
How different was Nancy's Dorian and Robin's Dorian? Do you think Nancy would have done what Robin did in the later years with Dorian such as telling Vickie that her alter killed Victor? I wonder how Cartini would have changed the character of Dorian. From what I have seen they really turned Dorian into a character and the little I have seen of Nancy she would not have been good being the Comic Relief. Especially with David Vickers. Now I wonder how she would have handled Dorian/Joey. I would also like to see Dixie Carter's episodes.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was born the year Robin took over from Claire Malis, so I've only seen clips of Nancy. From what I've read, Nancy's Dorian was very much the cold, calculating villainess, a role that she was very good at which ironically led to her losing the role she created. They wanted to keep Dorian around but they felt that the audience would never embrace Dorian being reminded of her dark history every time they saw Nancy's face. That led to them replacing her with Claire Malis who played lighter material.

When Claire decided to leave the show, Robin was offered the role and she made several suggestions about the character (better wardrobe, more humor). Robin is pretty much responsible for the neurotic glam Dorian that we came to know (which was excellently timed as Alexis Carrington was right around the corner and daytime would soon be cranking out its clones).

• Members

I have all the "Days" episodes from 1984-present in my collection, as well as some of the 1965 episodes, but here would be some of the episodes I'd like to be able to see:

1. The original unaired pilot with Mary Jackson as Alice Horton.

2-3. The variety show episodes from 1979.

4. Mickey & Maggie's wedding on the farm.

5-6. The "test" hour episode from 1974 & first hour-episode from 1975.

7-8-9-10. Debut episodes of Susan Seaforth, Bill Hayes, Suzanne Rogers, Deidre Hall.

• Members

Awesome choices. I really would love to get my hands on Nikki & Greg's wedding from 1979. I would also like to have:

* Sally finds out Snapper is marrying Chris and she pulls up a chair and sticks her head in the oven to kill herself and her unborn child.

* Katherine trying to start a lesbian relationship with Joanne Curtis.

* Chris Brooks rape storyline with Anthony Geary. He gets off scott free and I think she confronts him after the trial. Viewers were upset that poor Chris lost her virginity to rape.

* Chris and Snappers wedding.

* Leslie Brooks mental break down on stage and winds up in the loony bin.

* Liz Foster pulls the plug on Bill's respirator.

* Snapper finds Jill in a brothel and slaps the crap out of her.

* Laurie finds out Leslie is knocked up by her husband Lance.

* Laurie finds out her boyfriend Mark Henderson is her half brother.

* Victor and Julia's first appearance.

* Victor locking Michael Scott in the bomb shelter/basement and Julia finding him.

* Nikki's marriage to Greg and the modeling scam with Rose DeVille

* Nikki's marriage to Kevin Bancroft.

* Jack getting caught by Ashley on his wedding day to Patty with Diane Jenkins.

* Jack & Patty's wedding.

* Lauren tormenting Tracey by shaking candy bars at her saying " You know you want it".

* Vanessa Prentiss killing herself and framing Laurie to screw her over one final time.

• Members

Those are excellent choices!

I would want episodes from the late 60s to mid-70s period of Days or Another World.

From Days, it would include:

1. Laura Horton's rape by Bill and its aftermath.

2. Mark Brooks revealed to be Tommy Horton, a creepy and subtle scene in which the lab monkeys at University Hospital went wild in their cages because they knew from Mark's scent that he was a plastic surgery altered Tommy.

3. Kitty Horton's infamous accidental death.

4. The death of Susan's son Dickie, her murder of David Martin, and the subsequent trial.

5. Alice condemning Doug and Julie to never again set foot in her house, after Brooke Hamilton tricked her into believing Julie became pregnant by Doug while married to Bob Anderson.

6. Episodes from February and March 1976 when Mickey held Bill and Laura hostage, shot Bill, and attempted to strangle Linda. Also, the resulting sanity hearing in which Mickey dramatically drifted in and out of reality as his family appeared before him as robed judges, recapping nearly ten years of storyline, and ending with him consumed with rage and straitjacketed, vowing to murder his entire family. John Clarke truly deserved an Emmy for those scenes which were among the most harrowing I have ever witnessed on daytime soaps.

• Members

This was difficult, but these were the first 20 I thought of for AMC this morning (with only one cup of coffee so far):

20. Erica's disco opening where Phoebe humiliated her.

19. Billy Clyde burying his wife Estelle alive.

18. Phoebe finding out that Langley was a con man.

17. Greg & Jenny at the prom where Liza blackmailed her into leaving Pine Valley.

16. Jesse finding Jenny in New York City.

15. Joe & Ruth's wedding in the Martin living room.

14. Chuck finding out he fathered Donna's child.

13. Brooke & Erica's first meeting.

12. Palmer's masquerade ball where he found Daisy in the barn.

11. Monique admitting on the witness stand that she was Daisy Cortlandt.

10. Greg & Jenny's wedding.

9. Cindy Chandler's death.

8. Julie telling the court she saw Ross rape Natalie.

7. Erica's abortion.

6. Mark's intervention.

5. Palmer admitting he loves Opal.

4. Tad & Dixie's first wedding.

3. Cliff & Nina's Tavern on the Green wedding.

2. Phoebe agreeing to give Charles a divorce.

1. Erica's Woman of the Year speech.

• Members

I would be happy with the choices for Days by you and Jason47! I would like to add

1. The episode in which Doug eloped with Addie after his fight with Julie and the episode with Julie's reaction.

2. The episode in which Julie reconciled with Addie at the hospital when everyone thought Addie would die after she gave birth to Hope. Also would like to see the episode in which Addie was killed and episodes with everyone's reaction.

3. The episode in which Trish, under the influence of one of her alternate personalities, killed her step-father with an iron.

4. The episode in which Stephanie Woodruff/Brooke Hamilton burned her fingerprints off by putting her hands in a frying pan.

5. The episode in which Linda Phillips taunted her husband Jim in the hospital regarding his threats to tell Mickey that Jim was Melissa's father.

• Members

All My Children

20. The First Episode

19. Erica's debut (January 16, 1970)

18. Erica's wedding to Jeff Martin

17. An episode dealing with the "Who Killed Jason Maxwell?' story

16. An episode dealing w/ Erica's abortion

15. The episode where Margo Flax gets her facelift

14. Erica & Brooke's first encounter

13. The debut of Donna (brought into the hospital after her pimp beat her up)

12. Phoebe getting a DUI (with her grandson (?) in the car).

11. Any full episode with Erica & Tom on Saint Croix.

10. Opal's debut

9. Erica's promotional shoot in New Orleans for Sensuelle Cosmetics

8. The episode where Donna & Chuck are trapped in the cave in Switzerland and have sex

7. Janet's debut

6. Hayley catching "Natalie" (Janet) dancing to heavy metal music

5. Janet revealing to Trevor that she's pregnant

4. Kendall wheeling in Richard Fields into court

3. The '94 Tornado

2. The episode where Hayley finds out about Alec & Arlene's affair

1. Erica's 'Woman of the Year' speech

Archived