• Another World
    • Port Charles
    • Passions
    • Guiding Light
    • As the World Turns
    • All My Children
    • One Life to Live
    • Other

I miss OLTL of the 80s. Clint & Viki, Asa, Jenny & David, Brad, etc. Peabo Bryson singing the theme. If anyone had consecutive episodes from that decade up on youtube, I'd probably watch all over again.

Edited by applcin

I still miss GL, just not the Peapack shell of a soap it became. Thank God for Youtube.

If you want to know what soap I miss the most based on what it meant to me during its halcyon years, or based on what it had become at the bitter end after it had been gutted and was finally cancelled, you would get different answers.

Based on the various soaps' golden eras, I would have to say...hmm, this is harder than I thought. I loved so many soaps at different times for different reasons.

If I had to pick just one, I would choose The Guiding Light, because I think it had the longest run of uninterrupted, continuous high quality.  

But really, I miss most of the classic shows. I even miss GH, DAYS, and Y&R, because the dreck that is passing for them these days is sacrilegious.

16 hours ago, Dan said:

I still miss GL, just not the Peapack shell of a soap it became. Thank God for Youtube.

Yes, we are lucky that so much vintage material is available on the internet. I watch more on youtube than I do on CBS, NBC, or ABC.

I miss GL for its rich history and expertly crafted stories (that is, when they HAD expertly crafted stories); and I miss AMC and OLTL for their unusual characters and slightly campy senses of humor.  But, you know what?  I think I just miss soaps, period.  (I don't know WHAT to call the remaining ones, because God knows they ain't soaps!)