OLTL Actor Scott Evans Busted For Undercover Drug Buy

• Members

For me, it doesn't... I dunno--being caught buying coke at night obviously means he parties with coke at least sometimes--but as Carl said the gossip about the behind the scenes stuff was so OTT and didn't make any sense. They made it sound like the infamous 1980s period on AMC where the younger actors were doing coke on set all the time and finally one of the new EPs (Babbin?) had to come in and let them know they could lose their job--this was after years. (of course that was more accepted then--I was reading a book on the history of A Chorus Line and during its run, especially in he late 70s and early 80s people for that show, and apparently many other Broadway shows, would do bumps of coke in the wings between scenes, etc--finally they had to send someone from Actors Equity saying that their membershiop would be revoked--but this was after years and years. Having, umm, experienced the drug, I can't imagine EVER doing any work while high, especially not dancing or acting on stage or camera).

Exactly--the reactions of "I knew he was a tweeker!" "Fath was right!" or people clutching their pears and praying that he gets into a good rehab before he goes all Lohan just strike me as utterly out of touch with reality.

Chris Evans has been known to party--in a Details interview last year he said that when he didn't have to be super fit for a movie and was in off time he tended to party every night--the interviewer said he had 9 beers during their interview alone,a nd he admitted to having done coke. It barely made the news--I guess cuz he wasn't caught (and as someone said on here, and from interviews Scott does seem slightly, well, less than bright, though he comes off as nice enough).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My Dad did coke in college (and I called him "Cokie" for months after he told me). That didn't make him a drug addict. I'll have to reserve judgment on a young gay man buying cocaine before I decide whether or not he has a serious habit based on my minimal information.

Archived