Worst start for a couple

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

River and Adriana on OLTL is up there for me.

On Day 1, IIRC, both characters had their first airdate, and immediately Met Cute in Angel Square. Adriana #1 was Carlotta's heavily-accented, virginal niece or goddaughter or whatever. River was this mope with terrible Flock of Seagulls hair. Immediately she was calling him "Rio" and there was Michael Malone operetta jargon like "the rebel and the schoolgirl" or something. This was at the same time he was doing a hard sell with Joey and Jen, "the priest and the party girl" or whatever. But with River and Adriana it was like they were on meth. Day 1, they went there with the names. And it was wretched.

• Members

Of that era I guess I'd include Jessica angrily kicking a soda machine and then arguing with Antonio. I cringed and never stopped cringing. I'm not sure why they had that fake Jessica show such anger at a soda machine and then be so horribly passive toward everything else.

• Members

I think the idea was to show Bree's Jessica as 'edgy' and 'adult' out of the gate, so as to position her for his idea of a supercouple with Malone's ultimate leading man, Antonio, prince of the streets. And that's exactly what Malone did. The fact that they never really addressed the Cristian issue - or that he'd known her as a young girl - was just weird. I was convinced that had Malone been able to lure Susan Haskell back long-term at that time, he might've done Antonio and Marty as well.

The shame of the Lucas debacle was they cast Evan Bonifant, one of the former Al Holdens of OLTL for that story. Not a bad teen actor. But they never found a thing for any Lucas to do. CJ Thomason, one of the pre-gay teen Lucases, went on to be very good on the CBS slasher miniseries Harper's Island, never to be seen again. I wish they'd bring that character back.

• Members
I didnt feel Cara was anything like Teresa. Arianna I can see, but Cara is more than a stretch. They were nothing alike than the fact that they had the same face

And that reminds me. David and Krystal on AMC. Having her cheat on Tad, while David gets her hooked on drug and takes advantage of her grief. She was crying through their wedding. The pairnig was a mess from the beginning and had no legs

Archived