Y&R December Discussion 2012

• Members

This bullying story makes no sense. How does a kid in foster care have access or the time to be online to be bullied? It would make more sense if Fen was the one being bullied. Fen is gay, right? This is why he is so angry. He has the hots for the Jamie.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A few years ago OLTL had a story like this, that also gave zero motivation, and was so poorly written and acted that viewers just decided the bully was secretly gay.

Given Y&R's fondness for negative gay stereotypes, I can see it happening here, but I'd rather not.

I hate these stories on soaps. Soaps today do not have the maturity or patience to tell them. They just want to get some press coverage for being "brave" or "topical." Most of the time, the bully is the one who is written as the victim, with those he bullies written as getting what they deserve. Maybe Y&R will be different, I don't know. Maybe Fen won't get the whitewash his creeper uncle did.

• Members

And how and why did Fen become so angry and bitter? This is what irks me about the soaps. The least they could do set the story up properly by showing Lauren and Micheal's marriage falling apart or Fen being bullied or rejected so he is now lashing out by bullying Jamie.

• Members

Today was the first episode I've watched in a few months. I'm assuming Fen in role of bully is because: 1) Lauren was a bully to Traci; and 2) Michael was a shady guy back in the day. It's almost payback that Lauren and Michael have to face the deeds of their past through their spawn. I'm sure the proper foundation was not laid, but then again he was SORAS'd. I'd rather cut to the chase than spend a year laying a foundation - just not practical at this point. They need to jump start a younger group, so I'd consider a little slack since it does involve Michael and Lauren.

• Members

Is Avery chubby or is it my tv? I don't watch the show much lately, but ever time I see her she's coming out posing for Nick in a tight dress, or many, and the only thing that goes through my mind is that both Phyllis and Sharon make better coat hangers. It does make me wonder though if it is my wide screen tv and that Nick's on screen exes are skin and bones in real life.

Archived