DAYS: December Discussion Thread

• Members

At this point, I vote for Bo being stabbed to death by someone breaking into the pub. All they'd need is a stand-in to lay face-down on the floor to indicate Bo's body (when Hope, or whoever else, discovers it). Sort of like how they wrote out Maggie's sister, Terry, on FALCON CREST after the big, season-ending earthquake.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd like to think the reason they didn't give Bo a splashy exit was that TPTB were crossing all their fingers and toes that PR would reconsider re-singing . . . but he didn't and "Days" tapes four freakin' months ahead now so I'm afraid Hope's gonna be in limbo for at least that long. They'll have to figure out some way to write out Bo and continue with Hope, because like Cheap said, this will soon start to really affect KA/Hope's place on the show.

• Members

REALLY? DEE is a hot mess? So Dee was a hot mess in her scenes with Chandler when they were the best thing on the show for a while? Dee was a hot mess in her scenes with Alison when the writers were trying to rehash the Sami vs Marlena storyline? Dee was a hot mess is her scenes with Drake when she was telling John that she wanted him on her side and not on Kristen's? Dee has been a hot mess in her scenes with Eileen when Kristen came back to town and spoke to Marlena at the park? Or the other day when Kristen and Marlena was going at it in Marlena's office? I'm sorry but Dee and Eileen are the BEST thing about this show right now. Dee and Chandler was the BEST thing about this show last year and Dee, Allison, and Chandler playing out their family drama was the BEST thing about the show during the reboot.

• Members

I agree that the Marlena/Carrie/Sami/Will stuff was about the only thing DRT & MMcP got right, and Dee seems to work best with Ali, Christie, and Chandler, but I think she has been cheesin' to the maxxx since her return, and for a few years preceding her '09 exit. It's JMO, not trying to detract from anyone else's enjoyment. And I think ED has been a breath of fresh air (though I'm not as into this Brady thing as everyone else seems to be), but I have been having difficulty watching DDH & DH and I'm laughing at all the wrong places. Again, JMO and mean no harm. smile.png

• Members

With all due respect, marlenafan, I feel like Dee has been phoning in most of her performances since they brought back Marlena way the hell back in '91! I look at old clips of her online, and I almost cry at the difference. Marlena was much smarter BITD, and DH played her with more heart, too.

• Members

No problem, I know you are just stating your opinion, and its cool. I just think that Dee is the type of actress that has to be inspired by material. I think when Dee does well, she really does well. I also think that sometimes Dee gets bored with what she is given to play at times. However, I still like her as an actress because I think she has a lot of range. I've been watching that chick religiously for years now and she has done a hell of a great job with some of the material given to her. Now I definitely don't agree with the "she's been phoning it in since '91" comment another poster made. It was actually funny to read it lol. I can find a whole lot of clips of her giving EMMY WORTHY performances since 91', in fact, I actually have them on a hard drive somewhere. Sadly, she has been overlooked for an emmy on numerous occasions. Either way, everyone has their opinions and I respect yours just like I know you guys respect mine. cool.png

• Members

Oh no, don't write Hope off! unsure.png However, I would like her to be in an "A" or "B" story but as a supporting actress. I don't think that Kristian is lead actress material anymore. She is no longer able to drive a story and there are many other actresses on the show that I would much rather see driving story (like Eileen, Arianne, Lauren and Dee!)

However, if I had to choose between Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso, I would choose Peter over her. I think he is still leading man material and he definitely has the acting chops to drive a riveting story.

• Members

This "other poster" has a name, and he thinks it's funny you could not extend to him the same respect he extended you.

You are more than entitled to disagree with any opinions I espouse on this board. In the future, however, do both of us a big favor and not regard my opinion(s) as laughable as if yours are gospel just because they're yours.

Archived