All: Rank The Soaps for 2012

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&B has been the most consistently entertaining soap this year. It's classic soap, with an emphasis on relationships, not one bizarre twist after another. The younger cast is very appealing, and the actors deliver. Don Diamont as Bill Spencer is a revelation (who thought bland, boring Brad Carlton could morph into such a fun, mustache-twirling yet lovable "villan". Heather Tom continues to deliver knockout performances, and Hunter Tylo's Taylor seems to be finding her footing again. I love that Stephanie left the company to Eric, thus putting original cast member John McCook front and center. And the continuing, never-ending battle for control of Forrester Creations as it trickles into the next generation is fun to watch, especially with the way B&B uses its rich history. AS for DAYS, it's beyond boring. The stories have no life, the performances seem bland and the visual appearance of the show is very distracting (is there a show with uglier sets, lighting and lifeless directing on the air?) GH has made a noticeable comeback, but it has a long way to go. And Y&R is the most unwatchable soap of the year, hands down. I never thought I would write that, but the show is seriously off track.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

1. GH-Lots of vets have returned but stories are rushed with holes in stories but still loving the show.

2. Days- Boring as hell but Gays of our Lives and The Priest is hot in Salem has me tuned in for a bit.....lol

3, B&B- Stephanie's death was a flop. The show is going the teen way but I am enjoying me some Jacob Young.

4. Y&R- Still a s hit show and wonder why Adam is still on the canvas hell the majority of the awful cast...the writing is still bad and JFP has added nothing to the show but her 1.99 tampons....LOL

• Members

I'm sorry but all four have been dreadful with GH being the least as of late.

1. GH: Good as of late with the Faison story and AJ's return, but characters like Britt and the poor man's Nola Reardon (Sabrina), and Connie chewing scenery. . . it's good but could be WAY better.

2. Y&R: Josh has cleaned up some messes and fixed some things, but he needs to speed story up, and get my Sharon the heck away from all things Newman with the exception of get kids. This bipolar story is becoming crap day by day.

3. Steffy/Hope/Liam consuming 99.9% ain't doing it for me. Brad needs go review old 90s B&B and draw from there.

4. DAYS: A hot a** mess. Kristen's return sucked, Jennifer & Dr. Pubes needs to go, the young generation sucks, and Sami bouncing back forth has gotten old as of two years ago. 2013, this show better bring it or they can cancel it. Tomlin needs to go.

Archived