Catfish: The TV Show

Eric83

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

tumblr_mq4ysd9xwW1qb7nbuo1_500.jpg

So no thoughts on the last episode? Was it because it turned out to have a happy ending? I was glad for her that the Derek turned out who he said he was. I was so worried for her bc she had a kid and was completely invested in him. I thought he was going to be a fake.

I wonder how his name got registered to some old black man named Laverne. I thought that she'd know if she was talking to that man bc older black men tend to have more distinguished voices. Plus if he was Laverne, that would be super creepy as she was talking to him since she was 14. Speaking of which, you could tell they were talking a long time when she said they met on Myspace.

Oh but did you guys see the preview for next week? Some black guy is in love with his internet girl but he has a gf and she knows about this crap! He's on the show to see if his girl is real and it seems like he's contemplating whether to leave his gf for her. Oh boy, I hope this turns out to be a real ratchet mess. Im not sure if it'll rival Misty but I hope it does. I have my theories for who the Catfish could be

1. An ex gf. Maybe he has an ex that wants him or wants revenge on him for breaking her heart

2. His mother or other family member. Wouldn't that be some ish if someone related to hm went through this trouble to cause trouble for his gf bc they don't like her and tried to break them up

3. His gf. What if she went through all of this to test him bc she didn't trust him

4. A guy that's crushing on him

I really hope this doesn't turn out well for him

LMAO at this guy

• Members

Yeah, that happened. I get that they needed to put a happy ending in there somewhere, but it was pretty obvious to me that Derek was gonna be real. They could have mined a bunch of drama out of the possibility of Levourne being the catfish, but they just casually mentioned every now and then. "EVERYTHING about Derek checks out!!! Oh, except for the phone thing, which means he could be Levourne. BUT OMG IT LOOKS LIKE DEREK IS REAL!!" And then when Laura got pissed in the car at Nev and Max for being so nonchalant about Derek being a fake, you could just tell that they were setting it up for him to be real.

Honestly, the best part were the Nev/Max ship moments.

• Members

tumblr_mqfyagkc4k1qg2gsfo1_500.jpg

The guy is in a relationship with a girl named Raffinee. I cant with that name. I wonder how many people called her Ratchetnay

DAMN, the chick had like dozens of people who used her photos as fake profiles

Alexis was actually cute. She didn't need to use a fake pic bc he'd have accepted her for her

Dorian is a hypocrite though. He has a gf but then gets upset when he learns that Alexis was with another guy?

Overall the episode was boring. I wanted some F-ed up drama and they definetly didn't play up the gf up as much as they should

tumblr_mqgr72xdFj1qcfgxjo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mqfao9XY9g1r18bslo1_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_mqf9d6lMGR1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_mqf8fn8yqJ1roh4eeo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mqf884Pjbj1qmybuqo1_500.jpg

Tumblr tore her apart!

oh that's cool. What did you do for the show? I see we posted almost at the same time. Its too bad my predictions weren't true. I don't care if they need to hire an actress to spice up some drama, but I really need a Mhissy moment this season. There hasn't really been anything noteworthy to talk about

• Members

Lol hmm I can say there is at least one that was quite ratchet to me...you will have to see, the show airs into October so there are a lot left! cool.png worked on the last 11 episodes.

And to be clear, I didn't actually produce so I had no part in the content that was captured, I was in Post which has to do more with editing & media managing (my realm).

• Members

tumblr_mqsdsdeRKP1r8pqkso1_500.jpg

Wow, the most recent guy was a major douche! It frustrated me watching that mess. I don't even get why he came on the show. It probably would have been best had he just stopped talking to Jen. I knew his profile was fake but I was hoping he at least cared about her bc I think she'd get over that but nah, he was like I don't give a F about her and never considered her feelings. I was using her to brush up on my game. WTF?

Archived