Catfish: The TV Show

Eric83

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finally saw it.

Kya looked a hot ass mess.

There are those who have commented on how nonchalant Kya was when she found out about Dani, but I got the feeling that she was really ticked off at first and she was thisclose to saying just that. But she remembered that she had basically done the same thing by pretending to be someone else. There was just this look on her face that was like, "Oooh, I'm really pis*ed about this, but would I look tacky for getting mad on TV when everyone knows I catfished first?"

Catfish got catfished.

I think once she realized that Dani seemed so into her, I think she tried to make the best of it and go with it. Emotions were running high, they were on TV, and Kya realized that this was as good as this situation was gonna get.

• Members

yeah it would be highly hypocritical of her to reject Dani based on that lie. I thought she had a right to be pissed though bc she came clean and gave Dani the perfect oppurtunity to do the same. Glad she didnt reject her though

BTW, MTV aired the original movie yesterday and I saw it for the first time. I dont see how Nev could be friends with that Angela woman. I for one would have been freaked out and wouldnt want anything to do with her. I guess for him he looked at the bigger picture as he needed her and this story to advance his career. I just couldnt beleive all the lies she kept telling and continued to tell even as she was caught. Faking cancer treatments? Using her 8 year old daughter to start this online relationship? Creating at leat 15 different fake profiles including keeping multiple phones to pretend she had this circle of friends, was just too much.

• Members

Have you ever heard of the Catfish situation where this old man was on the internet posing to be a young guy in the army to some blonde bombshell. Then his younger co worker started to talk to the same woman after the old man's wife found the fake profile and busted him. The old man got jealous and killed the young guy. And it turns out the blonde bombshell is an out of shape housewife using her daughter's photos. So sad. And the only person telling the truth ends up dying and the woman gets to live her life as if she did nothing. Sick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The latest Catfish ep was blah. I sort of called that one because I thought I recognized that girls voice over the phone! You could also just tell simply from the editing that it was going to be her. So much emphasis was put on her & how she became his friend.

I'm waiting for an episode where a guy thinks he's talking to a hot chick & it turns out to be some little boy, HAHA.

• Members

I was so irritated by their "investigation" that (after obviously recognizing her as the drug whore from Celebrity Rehab) I googled her name in the middle of the show. Yes, the very first page of the search alone reveals a horrendous amount of horrifying and shocking information about her. And yet there's Nev, doing his search, drooling over her pictures and keeping his fingers crossed that this little All American pageant angel is the real thing for his country boy friend! Are you kidding me???

Nev and Max should have gone back to Joe, sat him down and told him he needed to question whether or not he wanted to meet this seriously damaged individual. And even though Joe had an old computer, we're supposed to believe he never googled his famous "girlfriend"?

I'm sure Joe was a nice kid, but once again, let's get real here. Miss Teen USA isn't going to be interested in mismatched plaid short wearing country boy. But there he is.....seriously thinking he's going to spend the rest of his life with a celebrity. Do people not have any sense of dating within their league?

• Members

I don't even know what to say about last night's episode... lol. It was definitely interesting and the guy who catfished was way too attractive to be talking to someone online for two years and the other person "didn't have a phone". Oh well. Hope he learned his lesson.

• Members

When Amanda said she didnt have a phone, I knew from jump it was a guy. It wasnt much of a shock. It was quite a risk of him coming out and admitting the truth to Tyler. Like he wanst worried, he'd get his ass kicked? Thats the risk he ran mesisng with all those guys

Archived