Your acceptance of recasts

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, Marj had poor writing for about 90% of her tenure. I never could imagine anyone but Beverlee McKinsey in the role, but so much of what they gave Alex was so poor (which is one of the reasons McKinsey left - that started in her last year as Alex). She was campier, way too campy, but she also had a bad hand. I think when she played Vanessa she got more of a chance to show her range.

• Members

Love Marj, but for me it was like Glenn Close subbing in for Meryl Streep. Brilliant actress in her own right, but she was replacing THE best ever. And yeah, I was always imagining how Bev would play a scene, whether she was railing against Roger or flirting with Fletcher.

• Members

Did you ever watch Ryan's Hope? That show was like the Let's Make a Deal of recasts, you never knew what would be behind the curtain. Recasts were even blamed by some like Carolyn Hinsey for the show's death (I think it was inability to move on from the same few stories). They had three of my favorite recasts ever (Randall, Daniel Hugh Kelley, John Blazo). Then they had others I...would rather forget.

• Members

I sometimes cant accept it when they recast a character with an actor of a different race. Often times an actor has a generic look so that it isnt an issue but there are times when it is. For example, I could never get behind PC's Irish Catholic Joe Scanlon played by Mexican, Alex Mendoza. He was just wrong for the role

Cathy Doe's Simone definetly was and so was Martsolf's Ethan. Oh and of course Natalia Zea as Gwen

• Members

I think for the most part I'm pretty accepting of recast with a few acceptions. I too don't really like when recasts are of a different ethnicity pf the actor before them especially in characters that are supposed to be ethnic. Unless of course the character is supposed to be ethnic and get recast with someone who better fits the role.

• Members

Heather Rattray as Lily. It took me a while to get use to her as Lily but fell in love with her so much that i was sadden when I heard she was leaving and Martha was returning. I still remember Martha's first scenes back and she had Rattray's hairstyle.

The only time I accepted KMH as Emily was when she was paired with Royce Keller(Terry Lester) other than that Melanie Smith was Emily to me.

• Members

Only recast I really didn't like (And, this is just going from the old clips I've watched)

was.....

Danica Stewart as Maxie on GH. She was horrid. I like to call her "Duckface Maxie" Because, she always looked like she was doing the 'duckface' lips.

Oh, and sticking with GH. Not much of a fan of Colton Scott as Nik either, or Jacob Young as Lucky.

Come to think about it. GH had some really [!@#$%^&*] terrible recasts of younger actors in the early 00s.

Archived