Y&R- Brenda Epperson WANTS to RETURN!!

• Members

Eileen's Ashley was more protective of Traci than Brenda's Ashley which was mainly because Ashley & Brad's relationship wasn't an issue between them until Ashley was recast with Brenda but aside from the Brad issue Ashley & Traci were always very close.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You want Jill to be dumped by Tucker again? No thank you! It's time they found Jill a man rather than bring back a new Ashley to give an unneeded character like Tucker something to do. Besides Katherine's son should be Jill's endgame not Ashley's. Katherine's fate should be Jill as her daughter in law and Jill, Kay, and Katherine's son/Jill's husband living together in that mausoleum.

Tucker as Genoa City's geezer playboy was just gross, I don't want to see him with Jill (or Ashley), or as Kay's son . I wish they would find Tucker to be a fraud as Kay's son. Maybe Tucker had a beef with CI & NE business wise in the past or something, so he masqueraded as Kay's son to gain inside access????? Tucker could still be Tucker and Devon's father but not Kay's son. Besides Devon having a billionaire father AND grandmother is totally ridiculous, there's no drama in it.

Anyhoo ...Katherine's real son cold be found & he's turns out to be the one for Jill. Ashley can wait, Jill hasn't done anything for almost 4 years and Kay's story with Steven Nichol's Tucker has been awful. They don't click. JC/Kay's already had to cut back on hours, and they just got JW/Jill back so I'd really like to see another real Jill/Kay story while it's still possible.

• Members

Eileen was the first Ashley I watched and always loved her in the role, but Brenda was one of those recasts that just worked. She wasn't Eileen's version of Ashley, and Bell was wise to write her slightly differently, without sacrificing any of her core characteristics. I am not surprised Eileen and Brenda are friendly as Eileen was the one who recommended Brenda for the role originally from what I understand.

I disagree that Eileen and Don had no chemistry, I actually really loved them together, but the writing was so boring for them.

I will say Brenda had (and still has, judging from that photo) a real beauty, integrity and grace when she played the role, something I think is lacking at the moment for women (and in fact men) on Y&R. Which again is mostly due to the writing.

For the record I do remember Brenda wearing the glasses as Ashley in her early days of Y&R.

Honestly I think if Ashley were to return to the canvas I would tune in again to see Brenda, and hope and pray they do the character right, just as I have been tuning in again for Eileen on Days.

• Members

Well said. I will always love Eileen Davidson as Ashley, the definitive Ashley for me and one of my favourite characters in soaps, period. But I appreciate the sweetness Brenda brought to the role. This is one of the few original/recast situations where I like both options put before me.

Archived