Soap Classic distribution license ending with ATWT and GL

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Any update on this? I feel the company owes us a proper explaination. Like Roger said, this isn't something that pops up, something had to happen. He said there is one more DVD he arranged for release, so what happened to that? Why not just release it? I get paid Wednesday and I hope I can still get that Jennifer Richards DVD. I'm going to be very upset if I don't.

• Members

Really? You think so? I hope so, if SoapClassics can no longer do it. Hoever, P&G has shown zero interest. Maybe the DVD sales perked them up a bit and they decided to do something on their own? Probably very wishful thinking. I would guess they could do it MOD.

And as awesome as the DVD's were/are, I was much more looking forward to the streaming of classic episodes.

Still no word from them, after what, a week?

• Members

P&G licenced AW to soapnet, their others shows on aol and then hulu, then then gl/atwt for soaps classic. i def think they have showed and intrest in the library they have and getting it out there, but they seem to shift it around quite a bit. perhaps they saw how well this was going and decided they wanted the entire profit. it is a shitty thing to do, but its buisness so it wouldnt surprise me.

wasnt there also talks of SFT going to Hallmark a few years ago?

• Members

The Doctors was going to Hallmark, but it never happened. That's not owned by PGP. I like your optimism, but I just can't see them wanting to take it on. If they do, they'd have to have somebody producet the DVDs, so I don't understand why they would take the rights away for that reason.

• Members

Yes, I want answers and everybody is silent. :( I'm just happy I was able to order the Jennifer Richards DVD before it went out of stock. I also ordered the two B&B dvds on Amazon. I won't be waiting anymore to order these DVDs lol. Us soap fans are so unlucky. I still think the soaps that could make the most money (DAYS, Y&R, AMC & GH) aren't being released at all. DAYS would for sure be a top title.

Archived