Favorite Opening Credits Shots

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, both of those were great. I liked the way AS wore her hair around that time of her stuck in the elevator fanning herself clip. Felicia stepping out onto the Tops balcony and flinging the boa around her neck was pretty cheesy, but I liked Linda's shots in the JFP er opening.

• Members

The longest running "special guest star" stint in TV history. :P

I always get a kick out of special billing like that.

I don't like it when it reads clunky though. Like on CPW and the new Dallas, Raquel Welch and Gerald McCraney, and Linda Gray and Larry Hagman both get "and" credits.

• Members

At least Duffy gets the "with" before them. I think one "with" is enough for two people, i.e., with Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray, and Larry Hagman as J.R. Ewing. It's all contractual though, I realize Linda's people and even the show creators want her to have some sort of special billing. And is it my imagination or did Henderson and Metcalf switch first billing from ep to ep.

• Members

On The Colbys, it bugged me how they would do Ricardo Montalban's "special guest star" AFTER Stephanie Beacham's "and". They never did this on Dynasty after Joan's credit, and people like Rock Hudson were obviously bigger stars than Joan.

• Members

OMG yes! I was actually thinking about posting the .gif of Dack that I'd had in my signature a while back, but I couldn't find it, but I was able to Google it pretty easily!

2042696_o.gif

The Paper Dolls opening is a treasure trove for fabulous actor credits. Brenda Vaccaro throwing up "Ah, what kinda drama's goin' on now?" hands is too much! I just want to live in glamorous 80s nighttime soaps forever.

And good LORD at BarbStan guest starring on Dynasty and flinging open them doors in perfect time with that last horn fanfare.

• Members

YES! I wonder if Bill Conti is doing the trumpeteering himself. I love the way the melody really slows building up to that that huge fanfare. The super long "with special appearances by" Dynasty credits that introduced the Colbys is my favorite Dynasty opening, it's better than the The Colbys opening itself. I love how the Dynasty theme plays over the shot of the helicopter gliding along the Malibu shore.

And a special shoutout to Claire Yarlett's credit where you see that one brother gettin' his groove on at the disco. It's just so perfect how in the context of the opening, it looks like he's jammin' to Bill Conti.

Archived