Y&R: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't mind them forcing Genevieve and Abby's asses out, I had no time whatsoever for those characters, I'm glad someone else apparently felt the same way about them.

What I do notice is that the episodes appear to be ending with real cliffhangers again, which wasn't always the case with Maria. I don't like all the story directions, but the execution has gotten more fluid and tighter - from the production to the structure of the episodes themselves.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah....in all honesty i'm not really in to whatever directon these stories are going myself, but i don't think it's really anyone's fault except Maria's for writing all the horrible tales she has the last few years....I did enjoy the last couple of days though and we are in sweeps months....again hopefully in the next few months we will see better changes.

• Members

Debbi Morgan and Jennifer Landon deserve credit for stepping up and trying to breathe some life into their badly written/miscast characters and giving some authenticity to their final scenes

Genie Francis never gave the same type of effort as these actresses, IMO. Up to her last day, she played everything in her typical over the top/over-acting manner. She's a lazy one-note actress who is only good playing a victim. No range whatsoever.

• Members

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! I'm thrilled JW is back. You know, it would be great to have Tucker/Jill hook up - let's create the tension that made the real story Jill/Kay burn Y&R for decades. I need to hear a few more "Oh, shut up, Katherine!" (with a few "Shut up, Ester!"

• Members

Her return is so obviously a "Here she is everybody! You wanted her, we got her back!" shout-out. It really says to me that there is a core Jill fanbase out there who made their voices heard, and the new PTB reacted very quickly to what they were saying.

I'm not saying I like GenV anywhere near as much as I love Jill and Jess Walton but I didn't mind the character or Genie Francis once she stopped thinking she was Hedda Gabler chewing Tristan Rogers' lower lip off. I also don't think she went out of her way to edge Jess off the show, that was all MAB. Don't be hating on me. :lol:

Speaking of TR, wish he was returning.

• Members

Jill has never been the type of "face" for Y&R that someone like Nikki or Victor were, or even Katherine, but I agree that she does have a fanbase the show probably underestimated. I felt that way very strongly in 2009, when they were pushing Jess Walton off the show and some in the soap press were trying a smear campaign against her, which obviously did not work, as they didn't get to recast her with Mel Harris or whoever. I don't think MAB ever forgave her for it. Regardless of what happens after this I'm very happy that MAB was not the end of Jill, a character who is one of the main reasons I got into Y&R and a character I will always associate with many of my best Y&R memories.

Archived