Past characters that have died and you hope stay dead?

• Members

I was just coming to post Courtney. I am sure she will stay dead. No one has mentioned her in years. I would also give a vote to one of my least favorite characters ever-GH's Lily. I have never been so excited about a gratitious act of violence on a soap. Unfortunately that scene seem to secure Guza's job for about eight years too long, but it was fantastic at the time.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wait, Maria isn't dead, is she? Not that I care, but I must have really not been paying attention if she died........... Or did you mean her character died figuratively and not literally because if that is the case with this thread I can list a bunch of characters that have died a slow and painful death right before my eyes.tongue.png

• Members

Oh yeah, she did, so I guess that makes sense. I was thinking of characters that are currently dead and thought I missed something. I checked out of AMC for it's last ten years or so only watching sporadically. Did the viewers know she was alive (ala Brenda on GH-who was revealed alive via a brief VM cameo in 2000ish) or did she just reappear in 2002 and the audience wasn't sure Maureen was Maria? Regardless, that was a horrible story and one of those returns that never really materialized into what it should have been and ELR never was as popular as she was in her initial run.

• Members

3 of those characters are already alive

No, Maria was "dead" until her 2002 reappearance. Eva made a brief appearance on the show afterher characters death where she appeared to Edmund as he almost drowned in an acqueduct but they made it clear to point out that she wasnt an angel but merely a figment of his imagination. Everyone knew Maureen was Maria with amnesia. I dont think they tried to play her off as if she really was a new unrelated character

Archived