Star Wars: Episode VII

dragonflies

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

George Lucas isn't the best director but I will miss his personal touch and hope Disney doesn't make this a generic action/FX movie. I guess this will depend on the villains and plot, and it isn't apparent what story there is with Luke now an old man himself and Darth long dead.

Another thing I wonder about is if John Williams will be involved, or whether much like Man Of Steel they try ti get new and wind up with forgettable crap musically. The music was always a huge part of these films and I don't want to see them get away from that.

• Members

I'm very excited. Especially if we get to see the "big 3" (Han, Luke, Leia) back in action.

I wanted Steven Spielberg (who's a good friend of George) to direct it, or Brad Bird, but I'm happy with JJ Abrams, I think he'll do great. Most people don't realize, George Lucas didn't direct Empire Strikes back or Return of the Jedi.

Lawrence Kasdan helped George write ESB and ROTJ, is also helping to re-write Michael Arndt's (who himself is a great writer) script for for Episode 7.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

That is a brilliant piece of marketing right there!

Excited for what is to come (hopefully good). Although I am kinda shocked they're gonna start shooting in May 2014 to be released December 18, 2015. It seems too short a time for a movie with this amount of FX.

• Members

I'm exciting. Glad they finally confirmed the worst kept secret that the original cast members are returning. I'm glad for the new people, they cast mostly unknowns and not big stars. I wish they cast another female though, only 1 new female is a bit disappointing (though Hollywood Reporter says there is another major female role yet to be cast).

Archived