K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

No worries. It's hard to follow/support many groups in kpop, let alone one -- especially as I know you like Shinee a lot. I follow EXO, but I haven't got into any of the CBX stuff or the Japanese releases because I don't have time. Anyway, thought I would post this latest cb so you could check it out without major commitment. 

Please register in order to view this content

I like the song so felt it was worth posting about.

• Members

Good thing you did bc Im stuck on it. I also love this one and was pleasantly surprised to see its the other song they are promoting in their live performances

Also what is the deal with Lay? I assumed he had left the group but he i still listed there with them on Wikipedia (not that that means anything). From what I recall, most if not all of EXO's releases have been as an 8 member group. Does he even do anything with them anymore

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I believe he sang on the album, including the Chinese version of Tempo (of course). He also appears in the MV (chinese version more than the K version).

I love Oooh la la la. I also love Bad Dream, 24/7 and Smile on my Face. DMUMT is a pretty solid album overall. And of course I am still obsessed with Tempo as a comeback song. It's pretty original as far as kpop goes.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

Heize is great, and I love that she seems to have a lot of say in her music and how she wants to be marketed.

BTW I dont know if either you @Faulkner or @Cheap21 are fans of Blackpink, but I saw them in concert last week. My first kpop concert! I felt a bit guilty about giving my cash to YG (I'm sure you have heard about the hoorrificstuff with Seungri and Burning Sun). However, i had a fun time at the concert and danced in the aisle along with half the arena! Whistle, Ddu Ddu and their latest Kill This Love are such bomb ass songs.

In other news, Xiumin of Exo and now my bb D.O. have enlisted in the military.  

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Cat

• Members

I like BP and saw that they were touring in the US on some morning show. Bet that must have been an amazing experience. I saw they did a song with Dua Lipa which has been getting rotation on my Spotify recently

I dont really keep up with KPop so didnt know that stuff with Sengri. I vaguely read he was in some controversy but hadnt read up on details. I see he's retired fro music. Damn, such a shame bc he grew into my fave in BIGBANG (well that alternated between he and Tayeang). The group wont be the same without him and I wonder if they will even continue has a quartet once everyone's military service is complete bc they are older now and most have had successful solo careers at this point

BTW, CL's US career still hasnt happened? LOL...poor girl

• Members

I know you really liked Seungri -- so did a few friends of mine. He was funny, but now it turns out there was a dark side. The scandal is pretty serious. He ran a club called Burning Sun in Seoul which was a front for running hookers to the rich and powerful. There were other serious allegations of young girls having their drinks spiked at the club, passing out and then waking up hours later having been raped by god knows who. He apparently was sharing sex tapes (filmed without the women's knowledge) in a private chat room on KakaoTalk.

It is really awful stuff, and it is unclear what Seungri knew or didn't know.  My feeling is that, as the maknae in BB, he was always trying to impress his rich and powerful friends and the head of YGE by showing how much money he was making with all these clubs and business ventures. And he got in over his head with the hookers and it spiraled.  Anyway, here is an article which explains some of the basics: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/12/k-pop-scandal-big-bang-seungri-south-korea-charged-over-illegal-prostitution-ring

Blackpink was fun and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed myself and how nice the fans were. BP seem to be huge across the world! Don't make me cry about CL, the way YG handled her US solo career literally makes me so angry. They did her dirty. I still listen to Hello Bitches periodically, though -- it is such a banger.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Hey! I still follow! Thanks for the cookies. I do enjoy Blackpink and their music (although it is increasingly clear that these girls are models hired to sell brands influencer-styles first and foremost. I do appreciate Jennie and Lisa's rapping talents, though).

This week I have been all about this song by Super M -- Tiger Inside. Two of my EXO faves are in Super M. That said, I haven't been crazy about their song releases -- until now.

I'm linking to the dance practice because I love DPs. The mv is very easy to find though.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...