K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

CL was good but I think YG let her down with the staging. There wasn't as much inventiveness in using the space as there was with EXO and the gong dance/jeeps entrance. I sort of wish Dara, Minzy and Bom had popped out like they did at the MAMAs a few years ago.

YG stays ignoring CL and mismanaging her. I heard the company has gone downhill and is no longer #2 ranked in Korea. They are completely incompetent at promoting any of their acts. CL has the material but they are not letting her release it.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

@Cat SHINee made their debut as a quartet. The song is good and I hope they have success but its bittersweet that Jonghyun isnt there. Im glad they didnt go for a dance bp but Im also glad it isnt a straight melody. Its in between which feels more appropriate. Not too upbeat but not depressing.

Image result for shinee good evening

Onew and Key's hair are tragic

tumblr_p1igizvPgw1tnw0p5o1_540.gif

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Thanks for posting this! I too am glad the song isn't a dance track or a sad ballad. It also sounds quite 'Shinee'. However, it is bittersweet seeing them as a four. I hope this song and album gets lots of sales and downloads because I want Shinee to continue in its success! However, I did take a deep breath before playing the mv, because the loss of Jonghyun is still very much felt. You can sense it among the members too.

Key and Onew's hair are sf tragic. I hate that Onew got the Ronald McDonald Orange -- how is this a good look on anybody?? Onew's dark, floppy, longish hair before this aberration made him look beautiful and they should have kept to that.

Poor Key always gets the extra-extra look. /sigh

Edited by Cat

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I like BLACKPINK. I hacent been checking for them in a while bc YG wasnt doing anything with them. Glad to see they are finally putting out new usic.

Ive been listening to SHINee's new music alot recently. They released the 2nd half of their album last week. One of my favorite songs on the whole thing is All Day, All Night, which they have been performing

Wow, cant beleive its their 10 year anniversary. They still look young even though you got Onew near 30

Third part comes out next week

• Members

I can't believe it either. Onew is almost 30? He looks 20. BTW thank you for posting that song. I really, REALLY like it. Makes me want to check out the full album (or at least what is out so far).

Love the choreo of their live performance too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

@Faulkner @Cheap21 EXO just release a new album, and their comeback single is Tempo.

I have put a fancam of Kai doing the choreo to Tempo at the showcase, just because I think it is an incredible cam of one of the best dancers in kpop at the top of his game. You can really see the choreo with this, and his moves are so sharp and strong:

And here is the official mv:

• Members

I love the performance levels in kpop. I mean, it comes at a high price: these kids are literal slaves to the work. But my god, they come up with some amazing performances. I am a dance buff and have a real fondness for the stand-out dancers in kpop groups. EXO Kai is my favourite out of them all. Not just for his technique, but for the joy and passion that emanate from him when he performs. It's the same with a real great vocalist (like D.O.) and his vocal ad libs.