K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members

1of1 repackage might already be out!

And I know everybody has other things on their mind rn but... this is about Peniel of BtoB appearing on Hello Counsellor -- I thought it was quite heart-warming and life-affirming actually.

This week, BtoB has a comeback, I think.

http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/19161434.html#comments#comments

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I feel bad about posting this here -- Cheap, you must hate me for doing it. I mention it in case you feel like talking about it. Anyway, YG announced that 2NE1 have officially disbanded, Bom did not re-sign her contract with YG. And Nam Taehyun of Winner has been forced out of the group permanently.

Honestly, 2016 has been a sh!tfest. 

Edited by Cat

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

2NE1 all but disbanded 2 years ago but YG strung the fans along making claims about a comeback and teasing when he knew that likely wasnt happening. Whatever.

Im bored right now anyway. Not even the awards shows peaked my interests since those I follow got the shaft

Im over it 2017 doesnt look too promising either with BIGBANG and 2PM about to go on hiatus bc of the military, Beast's status up in the air. I guess I at least have SHINee and BTOB if things dont crumble around for them as well

• Members

I know what you mean Cheap. But then this happens:

BB COMEBACK:

I think FXXK IT is a lowkey bop, and I like it.

Last Dance is a typical ballad from YG but Korea loves those ballads. Plus GD has never looked better as in Last Dance, and the final shot on TOP is very moving. I want to shave Taeyang's hair off tho. Ugh! Sort your hair out dude! Stop killing the hot!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

It's been so long since I posted on this thread! I'm sorry! 

I saw the 2ne1 goodbye song, I thought it was beautiful and it was very moving for me to listen. I really loved this group.

Not much to post although Twice released a new single and a co-ed group called KARD made their debut.

And TOP joined military training. And made his unit do this:

TOP_1488295869_t.jpg

TOP_1488295685_af_org.jpg

Edited by Cat

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

@Cat. I havent been in here much either bc I've gotten so turned off by all the bullsh-t that went don here. So far this year I enjoyed SHINee's Get The Treasure and entire Japanese "Five" album

This was on heavy rotation for me earlier this year.

BTOB's 10th EP was also good. Love the rap combo of Minyuk and Peniel in the second verse. Peniel really has improved quite a bit. I like BTOB so will continue to support them but man I friggin hate CUBE.

Highlight/Beast

@AllMyDaysatGH

They lost their legal battle and cant keep the name Beast. They were forced to change and they went with Highlight. Kind of a generic name which makes searching for them hard. To make matters worse, Hyunseung resigned with Cube and is rejoining Beast along with two new members for a trio. Who does that? The fans are not that stupid.

Anyways Highlight just released their first new music and I wish them all the success

tumblr_on4c52pIp61ui9s1qo3_540.gif

highlight1.jpg

latest?cb=20170308051203

Image result for highlight can you feel it

Image result for highlight can you feel it

• Members

Thanks for posting again on this thread...today was a sad day in my city, so it was a relief to read this and talk about something light.

Awww I've been feeling disillusioned with kpop too. And waiting for some good comebacks.

They will always be Beast to me! As long as they release some good music and keep enjoying their work, I will support. 

Please register in order to view this content

I am going to call them HighBeast! Their new song sounds like a rookie song -- in a good way. It's catchy and I like it!

Hyuseung later denied it, didn't he? Who knows what Cube are thinking. Cube really are the worst (and in kpop that is saying something).

SHINee will be in the US very soon for their North America tour, are you going? I am falling in loove with old Shinee stuff at the momwnt (although I really liked their Japanese album and last comeback). I love 'Love Sick' from their Odd album (that album as a whole I really liked).

Edited by Cat

• 4 months later...
  • Members

It's been a long time since I've posted in this thread. I am still keeping up with kpop tho.

Most recently, EXO released The War, their latest album and imo one of their best. Kokobop was their comeback single, but imo it is the weakest compared with other songs including The Eve, What U Do, Diamond, and Walk on Memories. What U Do (@6.06) and Walk on Memories (@23.48) are my faves:

This mv *shakes head* lmao.

In Beast related news, Hyunseung posted a long message/apology to fans about leaving Beast. The translation is kinda off but I appreciate his honesty and taking accountability for some of the things that happened, including his immaturity and low self-esteem:

DGEDOkRUMAAqXDY.jpg:large

Edited by Cat

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

@Cat You should have tagged me bc I would have been here earlier. Ive been listening to EXO as well but kept forgetting to post in here since I havent been into KPop much this year. Love The War. They continue their progression into more mature sounds. I love Ko Ko Bop. Its a nice little bop to listen to but IA that other songs on the album are better. Diamond, Going Crazy, Forever and Touch It are my faves. I noticed that Lay completely removed himself from this project. I dont get why they dont just officially split since he's already had one foot out the door for quite some time

WINNER

I love their new songs and find them to be better than the ones they released earlier this year.

Taeyang

He drops an album in a week and I cant wait

• Members

Yikes, sorry Cheap. I wasn't thinking and forgot to tag with my previous post.

I think with Lay, the hope is that the THAAD issue with China will clear things up and allow cross promotions for EXO and Lay in both China and South Korea. Right now Lay gets a lot of hate in China for being part of a kpop group. I miss him as part of EXO. However, it hasn't heavily detracted from my enjoyment of The War which, as you say, is a more mature sound.

I also love Love Me Love Me and think it is Winner's best song as a foursome. I am grateful that YG still needs them and allows them to compose and promote.

I hear ya about kpop being dull, I almost checked out until this summer when it seems a lot of solid comebacks happened. And I love Taeyang's teaser! He (and your fangirling of him!) brought me into kpop back in 2014!

Edited by Cat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

@Cheap21

YG's decision not to drop the better singles for Taeyang's cb was a bad idea. I love Taeyang's solo work (Eyes Nose Lips is ICONIC) and as usual YG messed it up. Still, I love reading TY's interviews, he is really proud of this album, and the songs have meaning for him.

@Taoboi BoA is considered to be Korea's Beyoncé and is also huge in Japan. She's done some bops! I also like that she doesn't do cutesy little-girl stuff but instead puts together interesting performances which challenge her (she is pretty great dancer btw).

EXO had a repackage cb and Power is the single they chose to promote. I'm not crazy about the song in the context of their comic-book style mv, but when they perform it live with that awesome choreo, I enjoy it 1000% times more! Here is their comeback stage from yesterday. Kai's solo dance break is amazing!

https://youtu.be/aQB2Z2sIyy0

Edited by Cat