K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members

Actually the Japanese releases are on iTunes. You can see the individual tracks here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/beast/id424366185

BTOB's Japanese EP is also on iTunes but for some reason it isnt available as a whole EP. All 4 individual tracks however are: https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/btob/id515372357

Red Velvet

@Cat

The girls released their new EP today. Good vocals on the title track and the MV has an interesting concept but the song is so boring and went on for too long. This should have just been another song on the EP and not the lead single.

Edited by Cheap21

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

IA Cheap about the song -- I like the mellow 70s vibe of it and the styling has been gorgeous. However, the song is a bit muted for a first single. I guess that is the whole point of this Velvet mini album, though -- lots of swoony ballads and slow jams.

Hey Cheap, have you kept up on what is going on with Beast and Hyunseung? 

• Members

Fair enough, and knowing kpop, very wise.

P.s.: I hope i didnt upset you with my question. kpop has a habit of letting the littlest transgression or rumor blow out of control, so I understand that you don't want to participate in that.

Edited by Cat

• Members

BTOB is back and ready to slay the competition

The song is truly beautiful and their vocals are on point

The song is truly beautiful and their vocals are on point

tumblr_o49fki6PxD1uq8a4co2_400.gif

tumblr_o49fki6PxD1uq8a4co4_r1_400.gif

tumblr_o49fki6PxD1uq8a4co5_r1_400.gif

tumblr_o49fki6PxD1uq8a4co8_r1_400.gif

tumblr_o49fki6PxD1uq8a4co9_r1_400.gif

Cant beleive its been 4 years for them. 8 mini albums and 1 full length album in Korea. By comparison, Beast has been around since 2009 and have 8 mini albums and 2 full length albums. I love that CUBE really seems to be pushing BTOB as of this past year. I hope they get a full album in the fall

4Minute's Jiyoon featuring BTOB's Ilhoon

Im only now seeing this but DAMN, who knew Jiyoon from 4Minute could rap so well?

She did the damn thing. LOL at the girl in pink looking scared

tumblr_o1q1itpzQJ1sn3eqjo4_500.gif

CL who?

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Jiyoon is an awesome rapper and vocalist! It is such a great contrast with Gayoon who has very sweet, ballady vocals, and then Jiyoon comes out with this sultry toughness. I always thought Jiyoon should rap more but (and I say this as somebody who loves Hyuna) they have to gave Hyuna bae something to do in 4M! Can't wait to watch her on Unpretty Rapstar as I really liked what I've seen of that show.

BtoB are awesome and I love that they have a beautiful song worthy of their collective vocal talent. Looking on Omona, One Hallyu and a few other kpop websites, the song is attracting some buzz from the ground up. K fans who wouldn't normally follow BtoB closely seems to like the song too. I hope it becomes a sleeper hit and maybe wins a few Music Show awards (we know BtoB are capable of winning those!).

Speaking of CL, WTF already? When is she going to release this US album?? Months ago she posted on her IG a shot from filming a music vid (she had a gold headpiece, it all looked very Cleopatra-esque) but since then... nothing.

• Members

2NE1 is finally going to make a comeback but its bittersweet bc YG just announced that Minzy will be leaving the group when her contract ends next month!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/k-town/7325235/2ne1-minzy-depart-kpop-trio

Im glad they will be back but devastated about her. I understand though bc YG really screwed her and the rest of the girls over when CL didnt happen in the US. 2NE1 could have released a mini album or at least a digital single but 2015 was wasted.

• Members

I keep hearing that they've won yet more music shows! Go BtoB!

I was sad to hear about Minzy. I blame that old fart YG who keeps great idols locked in the dungeon to spend away their youth while he drools all over Big Bang and iKON. NO offense to either group, I like both, but YG has more in its stable than these two groups -- though you wouldn't know it. 2NE1 were such an awesome girl group and YG literally pissed away their success and opportunities. No wonder Minzy got fed up and left.

Over in SM's dungeon, my lil ultimate bias Kai got caught in a 'scandal' -- he is dating Krystal from F(x). Poor little boo is getting a shitload of hate from k-netizens. 

• Members

@Cat

tumblr_lnqmv19YLH1qda5a3.gif~c200

This is me as a PROUD BTOB fan. For the longest time they were considered a 2nd string boy group that most werent checking for. Out of the rookie groups, all the attention went to EXO, GOT7, BTS but BTOB hung in there, continued to grow and put out good music and now are FINALLY getting their due. They are on a roll now with this latest win. This is their most successful comeback and Im glad for them bc the new album is REALLY good. They have the best vocals of any group currently out.

tumblr_o5bpojP6ln1uzyhlco3_400.gif tumblr_o5bpojP6ln1uzyhlco4_400.gif

tumblr_o5bpojP6ln1uzyhlco5_400.giftumblr_o5bpojP6ln1uzyhlco6_400.gif

tumblr_o5bi1w0U6i1sgxfiko1_540.jpg

Edited by Cheap21

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

For Cheap, and for Bright Eyes, I think you are also a BEAST fan. {{hugs}}

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/19/breaking-jang-hyunseung-officially-leaves-beast/

Please register in order to view this content

Perhaps this will be for the best. Hyunseung can find the peace he needs and do the music he wants, and BEAST can continue as a 5-man group producing the bops they do.

I lived through it with EXO (three times!) but BEAST will stay strong and continue doing some fine stuff.

Edited by Cat

• Members

UGH! 2016 is off to a bad start. First Minzy leaves 2NE1 and now Hyuneseung leaves Beast. I just read that Cat

Im not as heartbroken about him bc he was my least favorite member but its bittersweet bc he's the reason why I even got into them. I followed him after loving Trouble Maker. At least theres 5 members and I can easily see Yoseobe, Dujun or Dongwoon taking his parts

• Members

I loved Troublemaker too (he and Hyuna were a really good combo!) and I liked one of his solo songs that he did (I think you posted the link to the mv when I first got into kpop). I think he was ready to go and not feeling being a part of the group anymore, so maybe it's for the best that he pursue a solo career. I do like the 5 members of Beast that are left and am not worried about their ability to carry the group forward.

I also read something on Omona that Hyunseung might be ready to do his military service, and that's maybe why he called it quits -- better to get the military done with and then come back as part of a new agency and new musical set-up.

I know, 2016 has been a tough start. I'm still bummed about Minzy. I'm still bummed that 4minute's Act 7 mini-album didn't sell all that much in Korea this year! I thought it was awesome.