Y&R 40th Anniversary

• Members

Since Y&R's 40th is coming up, what would you do to celebrate if you were writing the show ?

I would have Snapper (William Gray Espy) call Jill and tell her that he and Chris are renewing their vows. It is only their 39th, but they wanted to be different from everyone else. Jill & Kay and the rest of the Brooks/Fosters gather for the big event. All of the original actors come back to play their parts. Chris wears her 1974 wedding gown.

Over a period of a couple of weeks leading up to the big event, Snapper and Chris remember old times in a series of flashbacks. At the wedding Leslie is surprised that her first husband/love Brad Eliot is there. They reconnect and a series of flashbacks of their story, including when he first arrived in 1973. Brooks/Foster flashbacks galore among all the returning cast.

The other long term cast members like Victor, Nikki, Paul, Lauren etc.....have flashbacks to years past in their storylines.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's a good one SoapDope!

As for me, i myself have thought about what they could do, but it's hard for me to really type it all down at the moment, I think we need a better idea of where the story will be down the road, before i Can explain what they could do properly, maybe hopefully by December/January there will be a better generalization.

One thing i thought of, that i already mentioned is that Danny could perform a special reunion concert where he sings with Lauren Traci and Gina, and adding on to that he surprises everyone by proposing to Cricket again.....

Y&R hasn't been known to do anniversary specials like i have seen with AMC/OLTL, i kind of wish they would just have fun and do something creative for their anniversary.

Heck i would take a page out of OLTL's 40th with Viki and Dorian and have Katherine and Jill get into a car accident, where Katherine supposedly "dies" but has some sort of weird out of body experience where she is confronted with different memories of her past....

• Members

The Brooks sisters (Lynde, Bauer, obviously only Trish Stewart could return since Topping has passed away; don't know much about Peggy), Snapper, and Greg Foster (Espy and Houghton) all return for a gala party. I'd work out some way for Leslie and Lorie to return full time, along with the son Brooks they both love and obsess over, and I'd bring Snapper back full time as well. I'd also bring JoAnna back, to support Lauren as she and Michael break up.

I'd bring back Miguel, Mamie, Lynne, Gina, in some cases to stay around, in some cases to get the chance to say a goodbye.

Traci returns with a foster child. Ashley stops in for a visit. Jack finally decides to start fresh elsewhere, with one FINAL goodbye from ghost John.

I'd also have a big disaster to kill off about ten people.

Bring Brock back and have him work with Nina (leading to a B or C plot romance) and Phillip to expose Tucker as a fraud. Katherine finds out, and working with Jill, exposes the truth at the big gala many return for. She banishes Tucker to the hinterlands.

In her investigations Nina also learns that Ronan isn't her son. He leaves town in shame.

• Members

I think at this point there's more point if they split, at least for a while. I guess they might write Lauren out, but they barely wrote for her anyway. They would be best off in that old school quad setup...perhaps Lauren/Paul/Michael/random female, I don't know (not Phyllis).

• Members

Y&R has just been known to bring back past characters during anniversaries. when it was the show's 20th anniversary we had April back ( along with the abuse story that carried over through 1994) Liz Foster also came back shortly after Jill gave birth to Billy, and then of course Eve Howard to introduce Cole.

Then when we got to the 25th you had that Carl Williams amnesia story and he had been off canvas for a good 10 years at that point.

and for the 30th, thats when the entire Foster clan came back to tell Jill about her true paternity (which has forever F**ked up the Jill character)

So i'm counting for a lot of past favorites to hopefully come back.

They could have the Brooks sisters return since they haven't been all onscreen together since Nikki and Victor's wedding.

• Members

The death of long time Genoa City Chronicle editor Stuart Brooks is announced on the front page.

Jill reads it and remembers her short lived marriage to Stuart and how it hurt him and her mom.She decides to attend to make final amends,

The Brooks girls arrive in town.(flashbacks to special moments with their dad)

Lorie encounters Victor.(flashbacks)

Snapper & Chris (flashbacks)

Peggy crosses paths with one time flame Jack.

This could be a week of reminiscing or could actually intro new storylines.

• Members

I got to thinking about Carls idea of the Gala event.

What if Leslie Brooks decides to take to the stage once again after many years out of the spotlight and has a big concert. Everyone in GC turns out for the event and the Brooks/Fosters show up too. Laurie still harbors jealousy for Leslie and plans to steal her thunder in some over the top way. Kind of like she did at the 1981 Gala where she showed up in the slutty dress cut up to her crotch.

Another idea could be Brooks is now a singer or a concert pianist and is doing an event that brings everyone together. Brooks sees Victoria (Heather Tom returns) in the audience and is taken with her.

Maybe a huge corporate to do where Brooks is now the CEO of Prentiss and decides to compete with Newman.

Archived