Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was Joseph Hardy who started SORAS'ing kids on RYAN'S HOPE; but yeah, I think it started with Ryan, followed by John Reid Ryan.

Oh, please, let's not talk about DAYS. When it comes to SORAS'ing, that show lives to [!@#$%^&*] with my brain, lol.

• Members

The Ryan's Hope thing always bothers me because viewers saw Little John age naturally for almost a decade, from the time he was an infant. That only five years later he was a grown man and had a toddler son just does not sound right.

• Members

I don't blame that on SORAS'ing so much as I do on bad casting. Even with taking SORAS'ing into account, Chris Engen looked younger than Josh Morrow and Amelia Heinle, and therefore age-appropriate. MM, on the other hand, looks like he could've been one of the ones who paddled Morrow's naked rear-end at his fraternity initiation.

• Members

Though not a soap, I loved Michael Muhney on Veronica Mars. He was the sexy, smart ass pr*ck everyone loved to hate. But as a Chris Engen fan, I hated him as Adam from jump and now he's showed his true colours as being a complete nutter on Twitter and various message boards.

And though not two different roles if practically feels that way ever since Melissa Reeves returned full time to DAYS being a complete mess.

• Members

The problem was aging Kristina, Molly, and Morgan too severely to match. Kristina did not need to be the same age as him especially since they were like 6 years apart. She should've been sorased to 12, since she and Morgan are a year apart him being aged to 11 with her as 12 would've been fine and Molly to 6 or 7.

Archived