Characters TPTB Tried/Try to Make Work, But they just DON'T (Past & Present)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My problem with Amber is they keep her in teenage/young adult stories. AF looks young, but she has been playing a teenager since 97. At some point she needs to move into adult stories not hang out with Liam and Hope. She is just too old for that.

• Members

She was on until 2008, which would be about 3 years, I guess. I wasn't watching most of this time period but some felt she grew as an actress toward the very end (her last story was passing off Remy Boudreaux's unborn child as Bill Lewis', I think, and then the baby was stillborn, and she left town).

• Members

That goes to show how much I was paying attention because I had no idea that she had a story beyond being Sandy's secret wife. The more you know, I guess...

Remy actually had a sufficient storyline? All I remember was that he was rooming/potentially romancing Tammy and then he got shoved in the backburner after she got back together with Jonathan...

• Members

From what I have heard he was mostly just a supporting player, he had sex with Lizzie once when they and others were drugged (they were on the ground and his pants were around his ankles - very subtle writing). After Ava left and the baby was gone, he got involved with a young lady named Cristina, who was studying to be a doctor. This took place over the show's last year. I actually liked her and I thought they made a nice couple. The actors went on to do a web comedy series called Wed-Locked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hzo2bm5IoA

• Members

I actually liked Kim Brockington, as Felicia was a non-role anyway and Shari Headley never had much of a chance. But I agree about the father. Richard Biggs was so charismatic and talented - seeing him used in a cheap token role was just depressing, especially since that was his last soap role. Ugh.

• Members

Biggs was on Bablyon 5, yes. He passed away a few years after his GL time, I believe. The whole thing was typical but still depressing, as he and Shari Headley were both promised good parts on GL and instead they had nothing to do beyond rushed, forced, quickly dropped resentment over their daughter's interracial relationship.

He died in May 2004.

• Members

Shari Headley was on GL? All I (barely) remember of her soap career post-90s was an AMC return where she was given a dreadful storyline that consisted of her character not being aware that her new husband/fiance/boyfriend(?) - as played by Lamman Rucker yet again - was sexually harassing (or was it molesting?) her daughter.

I'm willing to bet that her truncated GL stint was better than the AMC horseshit that I'd largely blocked out.

• Members

See, I didn't really have an opinion about CK one way or another during much of her first run. Then she left and Davetta came on with her heart-shaped face, almond eyes and fierceness, and I was like "Yes! This is Lily!" It has never been the same since.

Oooo, I just thought of somebody... I'm not one of these people who necessarily hates the OLTL "exodus" on GH. I think McNostril and Todd work on here. I wouldn't mind Blair there, too. But Starr... dear god. Carlivati keeps trying to make that seal in a blonde wig work and... no. Seeing her "attack" Connie yesterday at the wedding was a case in point. Amid all the fallout, they had to shoehorn Starr's beef with Kate's alter into the story. I keep forgetting that Hope and nuCole died in a car accident... luckily for me, Seal-in-a-Wig is there to remind me every other episode.

• Members

She was on for about a year, or less. 2001-2002 or so. She quit because she had nothing to do beyond worrying over her daughter and sometimes being a psychiatrist. She also played a slave in the time travel storyline, which got some negative reaction at the time, with some viewers asking why a black woman has to play a slave to get airtime on GL.

Archived