Characters that we gone too long and should've been on canvas

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know, because I don't think the story about the 1990 departure over the pregnancy storyline came out until after she had left for the final time. And I think she told the story about that storyline in the interview she gave We Love Soaps in 2010. She said she regretted doing the storyline about losing the baby when she was pregnant the first time and was older and wiser during her second pregnancy, and did not want to have that trauma so she refused to do the storyline and they fired her. (Here's a link to the article: http://www.welovesoaps.net/2010/01/wls-interview-archive-patsy-pease.html. I think she talks about it in part 3.)

Also, she says that her attempt to come back to the show was complicated by the difficulties with her son. He was born with a serious physical ailment and went through a lot of surgeries as a young child.

• Members

You are probably right then. I haven't read anything about her in a very long time and I am not clear on the facts anymore. I just remember being left with that impression after reading some stuff awhile back. I certainly could have misinterepted it. Regardless, it seems she was no longer able to commit to Days, but it is a shame they only trot her out for funerals and never cast her children.

• Members

I think a big issue is how the show has failed to create compelling longterm black characters. 20 years later and Neil, Malcolm, Dru and Olivia are still the most significant ones. The show should have done a better job at expanding beyond them bc there is quite a void between them and their kids. But I digress and I guess that's gone off topic

Archived