DRW50

Doctor Who

Vee   

And of course, Janet Fielding:

ย 

ย 

I'm okay with this.

ย 

I didn't need a female Doctor to make my life complete like so many on the Internet seem to have, but if I can't have one season of Capaldi out from under Moffat after his strongest turn was when he was finally out from under Clara or a miniseries with Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor (not giving up on that yet!), I'm good with this.

ย 

Though I do fear the possibility that the gimmicks that tanked Michelle Gomez's Master in my eyes (starting with "Missy," everything screamed "He's a WOMAN NOW!!") might prove too tempting.ย 

ย 

I want the Doctor to be written as a person, just like the Doctor has always been. Whitaker can take care of the rest.

Vee   

Vee   

More reax:

ย 

ย 

Vee   

Wow. I think this is set during "The Tenth Planet" - that looks like Polly with the First Doctor.

ย 

ย 

Peter Davison didn't say he was less than thrilled. He expressed one thought that worried him while expressing approval ofย the person they cast.

ย 

And he's apparently been run off Twitter by abusive Doctor Who "fans."ย 

Edited by katie_9918

DRW50   
27 minutes ago, katie_9918 said:

Peter Davison didn't say he was less than thrilled. He expressed one thought that worried him while expressing approval ofย the person they cast.

ย 

And he's apparently been run off Twitter by abusive Doctor Who "fans."ย 

ย 

Doctor Who is one of the less tolerable fandoms I've ever been in, although they were always more pseudo-intellectual than abusive. I wonder if this was more SJWs than anything else.ย 

ย 

I've never had much interest in his opinions since he said 500000 times how terrible his years on the show were and he only should have had Nyssa as a companion and Tegan didn't work and so on, but he does have a right to his view.

Vee   

I don't think anything he said was so horrible but I also don't think it was exactly genius. I still like him but I do sigh.

Vee   

David Tennant talks to Colbert about his Broadchurch co-star, #13:

ย 

ย