Temporary recasts that should have stayed

• Members

I know we did threads about Recasts that where better or just as good as the original such as Robin Mattson's Janet on AMC but what about Temp. Recasts that where better or just as good??

For me Jen Lilly was pretty good as a Maxie recast and probobly better. She looked more like what Maxie should have looked like.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
huh? And what is Maxie supposed to look like? I can get preferring one over the other for acting reasons but this stumps me especially since they didn't look drastically different from each other. It's not like they went from a Marcy Walker to Jamie Luner type thing here

• Members

Sabine Singh and Nicholas Walker were actual recasts, not temps. I think the original post is referring to actors who stepped into a role temporarily while a cast member was sick or on leave.

Think Lane Davies as Ridge, Sandra Ferguson as Brooke, Sofia Landon Geier as AW's Donna, etc...

I can't think of anybody off the top of my head.

• Members

For me this isn't a case of the recast is better than the original but that I found it pretty seamless. Portia Reiners filled in on AMC as Lily Montgomery when Leven Rambin was out with mono. She jumped in and I thought she did a wonderful job with a role that could've gone very, VERY wrong.

• Members

Did you have to put those images back into my head?! closedeyes.jpg

I don't know who came up with the idea that Lane Davies would be an acceptable replacement for Ronn Moss! Don't get me wrong, Lane is a fine actor, but he's just all wrong for the role of Ridge Forrester!

And Sandra Ferguson.... the less said about her stint as Brooke the better. I was so happy when KKL came back from maternity leave!

• Members

Not only do I believe that Jen Lilley was a better Maxie than the one that replaced Robyn Richards (my personal fave of all the Maxies), I find her to be a superior actor to Minnie Mouse Storms. It's a shame that Frank allowed the latter to return when Lilley made that character a helluva lot more tolerable than the unfortunate current version.

On another note, is Davetta Sherwood as The Real Lily Winters considered a temporary recast? I ask because the way that TIIC kicked her to the curb when her no-talent predecessor decided to come back lead me to believe that they considered her a placeholder.

Archived