DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I could understand not wanting Nicole to have E.J.'s child (although, as I've said before, you play the cards you're dealt). But if Tomlin and Whitesell believe this will make viewers root for Daniel and Jennifer, then they have no idea how stories work.

• Members

I would love it if they did a psychological story about a women who was shot in the uterus and therefore unable to carry children to term, yet continued to try. After two times a doctor would tell her, that it's possible for her to get pregnant but near impossible to actually give birth to a healthy child. Nicole would have to confront her obsession with having a baby and also using a baby as a negotiating tool to keep a man tethered to her. Pregnant by the same man and losing his baby twice, only so obsessed with Daniel that she's roped HIM into being a father to this bargaining chip.

She could them get some damn self-esteem and adopt a child if she really wants one in an open and honest relationship.

• Members

It was "explored." I will never stop rooting for Nicole, especially when she's a vixen, but she's never ever been in an honest relationship. When she tried again with Brady, he didn't know about her sending Arianna to jail and she was cheating on EJ. When she tried with EJ, he was still effing EJ. What did she expect getting involved with a DiMera?

I want her to still be vibrant and sassy, but in a REAL relationship for once. And true, her criminal past could keep her from adopting, but not from having a surrogate or any other means to raising a child (like a man who already has a child). Literally, her obsession with a baby has been depicted as sicker than Carrie's when she "married Lucas for his sperm" to quote Sami.

• Members

That's next year's story, don't you know? We'll find out Nicole took Brady's sperm while she was married to Victor (don't ask me how), then hid the sample under an assumed name at a local sperm clinic for "safekeeping." Wanting a baby now at all costs, Nicole remembers the sperm, goes to the clinic, and retrieves it. She tells everyone in Salem that she was impregnated by an anonymous donor, pure and simple. But, a worker at the clinic, realizing who the sperm belongs to, and that she is sitting on a gold mine of information, blackmails Nicole. And several months (and one accidental murder, that of the blackmailing worker) later, Nicole delivers a healthy baby girl...in prison. And Brady, who now knows the truth, takes custody of their daughter as Nicole works on getting released from jail, leading to their big romantic reunion just in time for DAYS' final moments on the air.

Archived