Obscure AMC storylines

allmc2008

• Members

The housing discrimination story started with "White Wood" development, and flowed into the "Deconstruction" on the PV campus. Some is up on YT.

The old people housing scam was "Willow Lake Acres" involving Mona, Myrtle and Peg Moody, Aunt Phoebe, Edmund/Eduardo, Brooke and to lesser extent Maria and Erica. That story is just starting to go up on YT.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agnes has spoken about this story, briefly, in a number of places. Apparently they ran PSAs after it with help lines for any women who were in a similar situation--they knew they were abusing their child but didn't have the power to stop or find help, and at least from what she heard in one market, it got a huge reaction. I guess Nixon suspected, and probably rightly, that there were a lot of viewers who were women who felt stuck at home, unfulfilled with their lives, and would take it out on their children.

• Members

I think Agnes would have interfered. Of course she has also revealed now that for the first time ever, under Pratt, she wasn't even welcome in the writer's room, so who knows (what a fuckhead). AMC by and large did good by their vets, and I suspect that was slightly due to what little power Nixon had--Warrick and Mitchell, for instance, stayed on contract to the end, even though they could barely work, if work at all, when other shows were starting to drop doing that with their vets, left and right.

• Members

Richard Shoberg (Tom Cudahy) was a veteran who should have also been retained. When Skye moved to Llanview (appearing on One Life to Live), she needed a confidant. Tom could have been moved to Llanview and opened another restaurant (possibly with R. J.).

Louis Edmonds as Lanley/Lenny and Elizabeth Lawrence as Myra were two other veterans who were not retained as they should have been.

Archived