GH: Sean Kanan returning

• Members

Oh, please, what "way too many Qs?" All I ever hear about is "Ned, Dillon, Brook, Jimmy Lee, Celia." Do you guys have any idea how old Jimmy Lee and fuckin' Celia are, not to mention how long it's been since they've been on the canvas? Ain't nobody got time for that! They can show up for the funeral, but building the Quartermaines around them? What is this, Gary Tomlin's Sam's Club version of Days of our Lives? How about we follow that example and hire Eva Tamargo Lemus and Christopher Douglas to build a random new family too? That's all the show needs!

And Ned? Wally Kurth is the only beloved Ned most of the audience ever knew or cared about, and Ned is not some high-octane player, never was. Dillon is on B&B; a recast could work, but he's not enough to rejuvenate the Qs. Nor is Brook Lynn, whose recent returns were awful. You need the people and the conflicts that everyone remembers in the modern day. And that is, excepting Jason and the still-dead Emily: Tracy, Monica, Alan, A.J. Period.

A.J. should never have died, and he should have come back years ago. His son and enemies are all still here. He is Jason's reverse mirror image. It's the smartest possible choice. An undead Quartermaine? Why, Edward would never stand for it!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am DEAD, absolutely DEAD at "Do you guys have any idea how old Jimmy Lee and fuckin' Celia are?!" Hilarious.

I would love for Jimmy Lee to return, though. Not to rebuild the family around HIM, but around his children - One of which is the 30 something vixen and business woman Rebecca, who is, in my version of reality, an even more a replication of Edward than Tracy.

• Members

I love you, Khan, but this is just a ludicrous complaint to me. People come back from the dead all the time on soaps. Edward did. Acting like it's horrific because it's Ron and Frank is just groupthink to me. It's not Victor Lord Sr. It's not B.J. It's A.J. Quartermaine, who was foolishly killed by Guza in a throwaway plot despite being a vital, integral character. Far weaker characters have been brought back for far less. It's not like he's Mitch Laurence dying three times on-camera. If I was going to rejuvenate the Quartermaines, bringing back A.J. (and Alan) is the first move I'd make. He is a flashpoint for everything GH has become in the last 15 years, he is an edgy, complex character, and he is where you start with making the show into something new. Later, you can consider the lesser known, less important Q relations - and I'm sorry, but that's who all the rest of them are if you go back to before the '90s or current versions.

I've said it before, but if I had my druthers, I'd pair him back up with Carly - who would be Sarah Brown, and dallying with a (possibly recast) Victor Lord Jr. at the same time.

• Members

Pipe down! For every GHer coming back, there are plans for at least 3 OLers. What I don't understand is why anyone believes GH fans don't have a legit complaint. OL is dead and WE DID NOT NEED IT HONOURED THRU OUR SHOW! GH needs a team to focus on GH and not some back door chit to get the fans to be quiet.

Archived