Favorite TV Themes/Openings

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

For the geniuses of that genre of television (Aaron Spelling, Sidney Sheldon, Judith and Steve Krantz and, of course, Jackie Collins) I hope they knew what their shows meant to you and others who share your story - I think it's incredibly touching. I think Aaron Spelling did, which is why he revered his audience so greatly, and Jackie Collins did which is why she kept writing. 

Agreed about It's Hard to be Tender - it really is a sad, beautiful song. I think it captured that mini-series really well. It also captured a certain essence of Joan. Joan demonstrated that she could produce a highly successful piece of commercial television with that mini-series - it looked first class with all the location shooting and the Valentino wardrobe. I've wondered how Carly came to write the theme for the mini-series, the only connection she and Joan have is they both dated Warren Beatty. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Loved this show as a 10-year-old. Still do. And loved the theme! (Done by the late, great Henry Mancini.) Young Pierce Brosnan...rowr!

This theme, called Laura's Theme, was also by Henry Mancini and was the song used in the S1 intro for "Remington Steele":

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Members

Please register in order to view this content

This show is a textbook example of a show that ran waaay too long (372 episodes, 1992-2010). The first years were fantastic, but then, after the death of leading lady Kate (Niamh Cusack) the show began a slow but relentless decline. The last few years it had deteriorated into almost a caricature of itself. All the grittiness and realism of the first years were gone.

But I will always treasure those first years as some of the best on television.

• Members

It probably could have run longer but ITV was on a mission to kill off their long-running shows at this time (The Bill, Heartbeat, Wild at Heart, The Royal). I know some stopped watching after Nick Berry left. It was also another of those shows that never left one decade, wasn't it?