Y&R: Major character return in the works? SPECULATION

• Members

I saw this tweet from somebody that Sharon Case responded to and it's led me to believe a Dru return could be in the works.

Now I don't take this as a spoiler, it could just be Sharon Case being hopeful. As we know, Dru was hugely popular so I could see a fellow cast member thinking this is a no brainer, especially since the new team seems to be focusing on revamping the minority cast.

What do you guys think? Has hell frozen over? Will Sony & Michelle Stafford allow Victoria Rowell to return? Could a recast be in the works?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In one of the recent Soap Uncensored's, Nelson Branco mentioned that MAB was VERY close to getting Victoria Rowell back, but she was too critical of the show on Twitter so that ended the deal and also Nelson's friendship with Rowell.

• Members

I saw that and also that Rowell tweeted "The ONLY way I come back as Dru is if Sony Pictures Television says so." 18 hours ago.

I remember how VR lashed out the last time she thought she was close to reprising the role of Dru. I thought "oh Lord, she will never be allowed to go back now."

I hope I'm wrong.

• Members

Well according to Nelson, she lashed out because MAB had told him they were close to approving a return for her, but she needed to quiet down on Twitter. So he tried to call her, but couldn't reach her and left a message telling her to quiet down. She apparently took his message the wrong way and thats why she was lashing out on Twitter saying that one of MAB's cronies was trying to shut her up.

Personally, if he did leave a message, I would've just said I need to talk to you and keep it brief. It's easy to misinterpret stuff if you aren't on the phone or face-to-face to get tone and to clarify. He should've waited, if that's the case.

• Members

I don't care about drama queenness if the person delivers. Y&R is full of drama queens like Muhney who don't.

I just don't buy that MAB was delivering super-secret messages to Nelson Branco which were then delivered to Victoria Rowell. I don't believe the issues Sony had with her would magically be erased, especially since MAB had huge issues of her own with Sony.

• Members

You know, I also don't believe that Victoria Rowell was the big demon on the set that people make her out to be. She had valid concerns, but she soldiered through and never phoned in her performances. She also did A LOT more than she was required to do. She wasn't credited, but we know she had writing input in the Bill Bell days and she also re-wrote dialogue to make it more authentic to the black audience. She fought to have a black hairstylist, which is not as trivial as many think it is. Look at Debbi Morgan's tired ass wigs and what they were doing to Eva Marcille. When Debbi Morgan was on AMC her hair looked great. She was able to wear her natural hairstyles, weaves, etc. On Y&R they throw these wigs on black actors because they don't know how to do black hair and are too lazy to learn. When Eva was on the show she looked shameful.

Even if you want to focus on the end of Rowell's time at Y&R, she had issues and made the choice to leave. She could've easily stayed and bitched and moaned like these other actors, but she left. Other actors are throwing fits on Twitter and in the press and Eric Braeden and Peter Bergman punched each other out and still have jobs. Victoria Rowell complains she got spit on, about racism, etc. and she's the problem? The diva? I don't buy that because she did SO MUCH for her fellow co-stars. She also did a lot to promote the show. I think she was a team player who got tired of being disrespected and under-appreciated.

Archived