Y&R Recasts and Firings

• Members

If I were in charge, to boost the minority presence, I'd go back to basics. Keep Devon, Harmony, Neil & Lily. I wouldn't bother recasting anyone, including Lily. I'd bring back a properly recast Malcolm and Olivia needs to be back full-time. This twentysomething they're casting would be Nate Jr. Put Roxanne & Leslie on contract. I'd have Sofia go 'A Thin Line Between Love & Hate,' then write her off. From there I think you have a good variety of characters that make sense as a group and also within the context of the show. Leslie is a lawyer, Neil works for Jabot/Newman, Olivia is a doctor and can be used in hospital stories and then all the younger characters have a unique focus as well. Plus this is a good mix of star power, Y&R vets and people who fans have grown to know and love. I think familiar faces to the heavy black fanbase is going to be important in getting those viewers back. People will recognize Tonya, Christel, Kristoff and even Bryton. Debbi Morgan brings star power, plus I'd cast another heavy hitter as Malcolm.

Right now I worry because we don't NEED a recast Devon or Lily. More new faces is not what I'm looking for. They need to work with what they have and build from there. I just can't understand why Tonya has been thrown so far under the bus. People act like she was never an important part of the show. Olivia was more central than Dru was! Until the end she NEVER left the frontburner. That means the character was popular. Malcolm/Olivia were EXTREMELY popular, yet all the credit is given to Shemar. Olivia's AIDS story was probably the most popular single story involving the black characters, yet she doesn't get credit for being at the center of it. And during MAB's tenure, she was the only vet brought back who was never given a story, not even a five minute story. She was just an extra to say, "Hey, I brought the hoe back."

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly! I don't want my Avery going anywhere.

About CK -- about damn time. I would love it if Davetta with her heart-shaped face and almond eyes came back and reprised the role. She is a beauty with spunk and character.

But I don't want Bryton to go. I don't want some beefcake hair-model for Devon.

Archived