DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nicole is just showing a lack of viability at this point. There is no where for her to go. She has at this point run out of good will. She has had three test pairings over this past year with EJ, Daniel and Rafe and nothing is hitting the right way for her. If she doesn't find something to do soon I say just push her out of town. It sucks because the show is in a dire need of women in her age bracket but she just isn't working with anything right now. This pregnancy storyline has done her no favors and she is making stupid choices considering how the whole Syndey situation went down not even two-three years ago. She's only digging the hole deeper for herself.

• Members

I don't think GT & CW are providing "Days" the jolt it desperately, desperately needs, but I have to confess to thoroughly enjoying all the episodes this week . . . except yesterday's, which I just watched. What a freakin' trainwreck. The exception was the Nick/Jessica/Hope stuff, but maybe I liked that out of nostalgia.

Maggie was always anti-Nicole during DH so I don't know where the heck those Daniel/Victor scenes came from . . . the only thing I can think of was that she was a causality of what the writers thought would be comic relief, but this Nicole/Daniel/Jennifer situation is quickly starting to cross SO many lines.

What about those Chad/Abby scenes?!?

• Members

In the long run, I will maintain Tomlin and Whitesell are not the answer for the show.

However, there have been some good points about this "reset"...

It's great to see Suzanne Rogers back in a decent role and doing much more material. Ya, I didn't care much for the scene where she practically told Daniel to go for it with Jennifer, but it's great to see feisty Maggie going at it with Victor once again. Their conversation on Friday was priceless. (Nice to see Victor getting his humor back, too!)

Jean Bruce Scott was great as Jessica in the early 1980s. I do wish Days had tried to contact Scott Palmer (Nick's dad, Joshua) or done a quickie recast, but it's nice to see the show recognize the original actress in the role. And it's great to see Blake Berris back... the Nick/Melanie/Chad/Daniel stuff has been excellent.

Still, far too many negatives for me (all the actors gone or about to depart). But some decent stuff, at least, is playing out.

• Members

Can someone tell me what happened with Austin/Carrie/Rafe. Last time I checked Carrie was still lusting after Rafe, they said they loved each other and she was about to leave Austin and doofus Austin was oblivious to everything. Reading through these posts, Rafe and Sami are now interacting again.

Thanks in adv.

Archived