DAYS: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm so glad Billie is leaving, she was annoying as hell today getting up in EJ's face for no reason. LR is too smug for the role.

How many times is Rafe going to lose things just so he can interact with Sami? rolleyes.gif They are being as subtle as a sledgehammer.

• Members

I won't miss Billie. I've enjoyed a couple of her scenes here and there but overall I don't really feel she serves a purpose on the current show. Any character can be written to fit if they want them to, I just don't think they cared enough and who knows how committed LR was.

I have to say barring the Sami nonsense, I am enjoying Days much more than I have in ages. I like what they are doing with the younger characters and actually giving characters like Sonny, Gabi some real drama that actually seems to work for them and it looks to be that Nick's going to be a good addition. The work around his current story is decent. Since they've had Will sharing scenes with Gabi and Abby, he's not even as annoying anymore.Frankly I think they should just abandon the idea of Sonny and Will and let the characters go in different directions.

It does and how odd is it that the reboot with all the great vet returns didnt seem to have that feel at all. It really resonated to me with that whole arc around the safehouse with all the vets that was so bad and felt so disjointed.

• Members

I think Billie and Jenn's friendship ended ages ago . . . however, she and Jack are best friends and I'm crushed they didn't get any scenes, particularly since it was LR this go.

(Running with the Marlena/Maggie discussion . . .) I can't believe DRT & MMcP remembered Mar and Lexie as friends but not bff's Marlena & Maggie?!? I truly never understood how they would honor some relationships and basically ignore others. For instance, how were they able to *nail* the Carrie/Marlena/Sami dynamic but forget to include A&C in Will's story? Etc., etc. I'm confused by GT & CW's day-to-day approach, but it feels like the right people are interacting and it's not nearly as random.

• Members

I think GT & CW are wisely writing within the age groups again, or at least the teens/twenty-something's and thirty-something's are definitely defined groups again. Even the vets are being used wisely in the frame of the stories. But the best part is that the interaction makes sense. The single best word I'd use to characterize DRT & MMcP's "Days" was RANDOM. A really nice Bo/Carrie scene literally came out of nowhere one episode and it always felt like the community interaction came out of nowhere . . . it's ironic because DRT & MMcP clearly spent a lot of time and effort to make Salem feel like a community with the square, etc. None of their material ever translated well, save for Carrie/Marlena/Sami/Will (IMO, anyway). However, I do think DRT & MMcP's "Days" had more community than DH's--she did the age groups well, but there was never a logical explanation as to how people knew each other, why they were interacting, etc.

I've also noticed the characters have been really refocused--all of the sudden, Nicole's pivotal place on the canvas has been reestablished and all of the meandering characters (Melanie, Daniel, Sonny, etc.) have been put back on track.

• Members

I think it got weird in '02 when Jack and Billie were 'dating' and Billie interacted with Jack 100x more than Jenn during that run. Jenn was always shooting her weird looks and stuff. Then when JP took over the role, it seemed like Jenn kinda tried with Billie, but Reilly went out of his way to make Billie a real outsider with Hope/Jenn. And during that period, it was clear Billie was Jack's friend and he had her loyalties, not Jenn. Jenn was always hating on Billie, too, because of Bo/Billie. It just seems like they haven't been girlfriends for a long, long time.

I haven't seen enough of the Krista Allen era, but was SC's Jenn already gone by the time KA's Billie was exposed for all her shenanigans? I know that Reilly pretty much stopped writing for the Kristen/Jenn/Billie(/Carrie) friendship, but there was dialogue about how badly Kristen betrayed Jenn with helping Peter.

• Administrator

Maggie was once again insufferable today. Having the audacity to ask Victor if Nicole can move in and then getting all upset because Victor said no. I'm so glad Victor didn't back down. The more I see of Maggie, the more I dislike her. I miss the days when Maggie was the babysitter, the shoulder to cry on, the advice giver. At least that Maggie was tolerable.

• Members

Nicole is just a mess. They attached her with EJ's baby and now she is stuck in limbo now that Dan/Jennifer are reuniting and EJ is in Sami's orbit. They arent going to have her miscarry again they just need to shift her back to EJ bc this sh-t is pure foolishness. Is Rafe still claiming the baby? The only thing I watched was the Olympic cliffhanger and Nick scenes.

Archived