NBC poised to fire Ann Curry from the Today show

dragonflies

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't watched since Meredith left, I think she was carrying that entire program on her back during her entire stint there.

Apparently, NBC tried to get her back when they ousted Ann, but she refused knowing how icky this whole thing is. Meredith still makes occasional appearances on Today though.

• Members

I love this.

I always liked Ann Curry on the rare occasions I watched Today, so I am glad they are getting backlash over this. I'm also surprised, as I don't remember any criticism of the way they treated Deborah Norville.

• Members

I don't think Ann Curry fit but that's mostly because the rest of them are so fake. I said earlier the Today Show has been losing viewers going back to 2010. They will find that simply trading Ann Curry for Savannah Gutherie won't change that. She was never the issue. I don't think NBC ever rebounded from the complete disaster with Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien.

• Members

Gee NBC just continues to exude class. Tell me anyone who thinks these leaks were not orchestrated by NBC months ago to get the public to start doubting Ann Curry's value at Today. I'm convinced Lauer wanted her gone. Funny how the leaks just started spilling info at the time Lauer was renegotiating his contract.

• Members

It's just tacky and desperate. They seem to have this mentality that they can get viewers to scapegoat an easy target and see NBC as a victim. They did the same thing with Conan. Even if you never liked Conan, you knew what was going on.

Archived