Arrow: Discussion Thread

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I don't think you can go by Glee. There is a clip of him on youtube performing a number from Singin' In The Rain, and he comes off completely earnest and sweet. Besides singing, it turns out he is a decent tap dancer too. I think it is a shame he has gone the straight acting route because it is wasting his other talents.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

The premiere has promise for the coming year. I like that Ollie is giving up his murderous ways to become more superhero-ish and that Roy is still trying to become the Speedy sidekick he is desperate to be, and now we have Black Canary too. We only got a glimpse of her but it looks like they did a decent job tranposing her to TV. The wig makes sense too. The corporate angle I will reserve judgment on because you can sort of see that eventually Oliver's new partner will want to know what is going on tech gadget dept and probably stumble upon his secret somewhere near the season finale.

The island though I have issues with. They just got through killing everyone so the show decided what was needed was to have new badguys come to harass Oliver and Manu Bennett for 24 more episodes? What then next season, a new boat of baddies comes ashore?

• Members

Loved the premiere. There were just so many wonderful scenes. From Team Arrow, to the scene with Moira and Thea at the prison. Summer Glau's character was a little too bland for me this episode, but I have high hopes that she will evolve over the course of the season (or however many episodes she's on). I even enjoyed the scenes with Oliver and Laurel (and that's amazing considering I'm a huge Felicity/Oliver fan).

This season holds alot of promise going forward and I don't want to miss a single minute. (Unless it's the island stuff which I hate!!)

Edited by Becki

• Members

He's mentioned that in several interviews, but the time jumping drives me crazy. Not mention Stephen's island hair is just horrendous!! I guess I don't really care how he became the vigilante...I just wanna see him kick butt in the present day.

Edited by Becki

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

They are really delving into the comic books now and I wonder if that will turn some people off. Brother Blood was a character that first appeared 30 years ago, and that is a crazy choice for a TV villain, but pretty cool. Black Canary makes the perfect partner for Arrow (just as in the comics) and their battle scene against the gang was pretty cool. I wonder if the show will go all out and make Roy a costumed hero to complete the Green Arrow package. And the newscaster discusing particle accelerators is also straight out of the comics, and I know who comes with that. Very strange how they raced to become Smallville season 10 right off the bat.