Deception: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

“Infamous” — When wealthy socialite and notorious party girl Vivian Bowers is found dead of an overdose, no one is really surprised. The heiress to the Bowers pharmaceutical empire has been tabloid fodder for years: wild, pretty, privileged… and now dead at the age of 32. But for FBI agent Will Moreno (Laz Alonso, “Avatar”), things don’t add up with this suspicious dynasty. Convinced that the troubled girl’s death was a homicide, he has a clever plan to get to the truth. Her name is Detective Joanna Locasto (Meagan Good, “Think Like a Man”). Twenty years ago, she was Vivian’s best friend, having grown up in the Bowers’ home as daughter of the family housekeeper. And when she appears at Vivian’s funeral, the family re-embraces her and no one is the wiser. Joanna quickly begins to uncover dark secrets and clues about why Vivian’s life was very much in danger. At the same time, she rekindles an old romantic relationship and rediscovers the allure of the luxurious lifestyle she once knew. She’s about to see once again just how the other half lives… and dies. Also starring are Victor Garber (“Alias”), Tate Donovan (“Damages”), Katherine La Nasa (“Alfie”), Neil Jackson (“Quantum of Solace”) and Ella Rae Peck (“Gossip Girl”). “Infamous” comes from executive producer/writer Liz Heldens (“Friday Night Lights”) and director Peter Horton (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “Dirty Sexy Money”). Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun and Gene Stein are also executive producers. The series is from Universal Television and BermanBraun.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The pilot is on NBC, IMDB, Hulu, etc. It is pretty good. I liked it a lot. It set up the several mysteries nicely. I am looking forward to watching them play out. Hopefully, it does well in the ratings.

Meagan does a good job and she works well with both of her love interests, although her character, Joanna promises it be especially steamy with hottie Julian. Oh, Meagan looks gorgeous. I had forgotten how goodlooking she is. I also like that she looks like a normal size woman (for tv) although she is probably size 4.

Bree Williamson plays the dead Vivian. The best acting that she has ever done is play that corpse. LOL!

• Members

I liked it too. I was coming into the Primetime section thinking I might open a post asking for everyone's opinion on the sneak preview of the pilot. You guys think of everything!happy.png

I remember a few months ago, Scott Bryce tweeted that he was going to be on an episode of Deception-- wondering whether that will air.

When they had that scene where after learning that her childhood friend is dead, Meagan Good's character goes into the bathroom and runs the faucet before letting her emotions go-- I knew I was going to like this show! For some reason I really dig those reserved characters and it is refreshing to see a female, a Black female character who is reserved emotionally, cool in an almost icy manner. That one scene (rather than the one where she's chasing down a perp) told me that this character is effective at what she does. I hope the writers/producers maintain that part of her character no matter what changes the storyline dictates.

• Members

Good to know that Scott be on the show. John Larroquette also has a major recurring role. I am not sure how many episodes there will be in this first season, maybe 10 to 13. I hope the ratings are solid. We'll have to see. Serial soapy primetime dramas need stuff to happen to keep people hooked.

• Members

Meagan does a good job as the lead. Beside it isn't like tv is chock full of talented leading actresses, most of them are average at best. I much rather a young African American actress get a shot as a lead for once rather the usual bland mediocre white actress.

I agree with you about that scene. Nothing irks me more than the overacting and over the top drama that some of these lead actresses subject us to. I also loved the scene where Joanna is watching the sex tape and reacts with annoyance by saying, "come on, Vivian." It was a real reaction of a friend to watching another friend do something stupid.

• Members

Church. But I'm biased since I've been a fan of hers since she was on Cousin Skeeter and is one of the most down to earth celebs you can ever meet so I'm really happy for her and this opportunity she has. She did a really good job and I am so damn happy Laz is back on my screen (after what Breakout Kings did to his character, ugh). My mom will be happy too since she has a love jones for him.

Tate Donovan had me weak with the dinner scene and so did the one character that just kept laughing. I couldn't hold it in because they were just horrible and she was sitting right there!

Archived