The Following: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Ha I told you! :)

It's clear that Jacob has feelings for him too but I think that he's too terrified of Emma to do anything about. I wouldn't be surprised if the two of them teamed up and killed her eventually.

It was a great episode yet again. The actor playing Paul really did impress me with his breakdown and in his scenes with the poor girl that he would eventually kidnap.

Annie Parrise is great too. MUCH better than her Law & Order days. I don't think that she is a follower of Joe, but I do believe that she is fascinated by the whole situation in general.

The scene with Jordy really made me gag, much like he did on his own infected gauze.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL! Me too. I can deal with people getting stabbed it's random out the box scenes like Jordy choking on his gauze where I have to close my eyes.

I hope at some point the cops end up getting a few steps ahead of Joe. Right now he's making them look like a bunch of incompetent idiots.

I'm bummed the black, FBI agent was killed. He was a nice piece of eye candy.

• Members

Did anyone watch last night?

I thought it was an interesting twist to find out Will hasn't killed anyone and he's having a difficult time with it. He wants so badly to be accepted. I'm curious to find out how this new discovery will play out among the demented 3.

• Members

I really want to like this show a lot more than I do. I like the suspense but sometimes the suspension of disbelief required is more than I can take.

The idea that Joe Carroll's lawyer could give a press conference and read what is clearly a coded message without being arrested, detained or physically shut down by the authorities is ludicrous.

I mainly watch for Bacon and Purefoy's performances which I think are stellar.

• Administrator
Yeah, you have to suspend your disbelief but that's like most shows. I hate when people don't wait for backup. Just wait!! LOL

Can they shut her down though? It's not like they knew what she would be talking about before hand.

• Members

Granted my law degree is from L&O's Hudson University but given the fact that she was obviously giving a coded message from a convicted serial killer who has already proven that he has followers willing to kill based on what he says, the cops could've easily made the case for shutting down Olivia's press conference especially considering that their main priority is supposed to be finding a kidnapped child. The First Amendment doesn't protect speech meant to incite violence or criminal action.

The fact is they should've stopped her right after she left Carroll and had a meeting with her. Even if she claimed attorney-client privilege they still could've gotten a heads-up that she was going to make a statement.The idea that they would let her walk out of that visiting room -- right across from a room full of agents who are assigned to the Joe Carroll Task Force -- without so much as a "Can we talk to you for a moment Ms. Warren?" then literally stand there and watch her trigger another murderer to action is exactly the kind of writing that makes it hard for me to root for the good guys.

It's the same thing with Claire ditching her FBI protection. That's just facepalm material.

Archived