DAYS: May Discussion Thread

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This safehouse thing has worked for me, for the most part. There's legitimate suspense. It's kind of cracking me up, though, how Carrie is having a normal reaction (crying into the radio while she talks to Roman) while Marlena stands there GRINNING in the background.

A+

In my "dreams"!

• Members

That's fine in 1987 or 1997, but DAYS doesn't have the budget for that kind of storytelling anymore. People give me that argument often, and I can appreciate that feeling, but his super schemes are becoming increasingly desperate and sad, and him always getting away with it is getting really really frustrating. He can still manipulate from prison, I just wish they'd finally put him there.

• Administrator

Marlena: I've been kidnapped countless times, put in a cage, was possessed by the devil, was hypnotize in thinking I was a serial killer..........this is a walk in the park! :lol:

I'm enjoying the safehouse stuff too because I like everyone involved and I like seeing the heroes being in danger. And it's nice to see Shane back. It's too bad we won't see an explosion because the show can't afford to do that anymore.

• Members

One thing that annoyed me about the explosion thing: When I saw the timer yesterday sitting at 59 minutes and counting, I knew it was going to be an all-episode affair.

Then, to start today's show, it's on 58/59 minutes and then two minutes later it's down to 40 minutes. It still ended up being an all-episode affair with the 59 minutes expiring at the end of the show.

I know Salem time is a different beast, but that just seemed so natural to do.

• Members

Ian gave Brady some crazy powder, LOL. He was dumb for meeting with him in the first place.

Marlena finally seemed to get serious about the whole situation, all that coolness went out the window and she finally looked distressed.

• Members

I just don't need him written like some kind of hellish amalgamation of Claire Labine and Bill Bell writing. I don't need him to be realistic, I don't need him to have neverending monologues where he narrates for the audience what he is feeling, I just need him to come up with some new brain chips, unearth Rolf and Bart and Tony, and the whole gang can go do it all one last time for the road.

• Members

NO! Keep Faux-man away from My Kate!

I love that Lisa Rinna interview, but I love LR in general and hope she stays on Days. She helps bring the show some badly needed publicity from outside the soap-viewing core. Also love her spirit and big mouth. And what a beauty she was with long hair! Although her short cut will forever be her signature.

• Members

It's a case of agree to disagree, I think. I've watched years of him doing that nonsense, and frankly, I think it's time to give it a rest.

Lisa on Wendy was amazing. I hope she keeps doing more promo, it can only do the show good. Now to get her involved in more story!

• Members

LOL...Marlena was seriously grinning from ear to ear in the background while Carrie was freaking out. She was acting like the whole situation was a joke in the beginning :lol: I really wonder if the director told Deidre to act like that or if she really thought that's how she needed to be.

Man I can't stand Ian. Useless bore. He gave Brady drugs, I wonder if this will cause him to relapse and become addicted to pills again?

I really, really hate that EJ isn't a DiMera anymore. Those EJ/Chad/Lexie scenes would've been so much better if that wasn't lingering over EJ's head the whole time. What a disappointing twist, IMO.

Archived