The Amazing Race 9

DaysnPassionsFan

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

RECAP:

-Teams had to go zip flying across some ravine or mountain in Brazil.

Lake took a wrong turn and insulted Michelle (they're the most dysfunctional couple so far)

-After, teams had to get to a bus station and get 1 of 3 departure times to the airport since they're going to Moscow, Russia.

-Don't remember the exact order of teams, but Barry and Fran were the sole team on the last bus.

-All teams took the same Lufthansa flight.

-Once in Moscow, teams had to go to a swimming pool that used to help during Olympic trainings. At the roadblock, one member had to dive off a 10 ft. trampolin and get the clue at the bottom of the pool.

Yolanda had a bit of trouble but managed to do it. All teams got done quickly except Wanda and Desiree... the mom (don't know who's who) had a fear of diving.

-Eric/Jeremy and Dani/Danielle have befriended each other and were in the same cab. Halfway through the next place the Dani's realized they had left their fanny pack ( :lol: ) in the locker room. They had to get out, find another cab and go back.

The mom managed to get guts and got the clue. As they were leaving they noticed the Dani's going back.

-Next clue took them to a monastery and a cathedral. BJ and Tyler got there first followed by the rest of the gang.

DETOUR: Scrub a dirty bus/trolley car inside out or look for a teeny, tiny clue inside one of those Russian "small, smaller, smallest dolls".

BJ/Tyler and Fran/Barry wanted to do the trolley thing, they couldn't find it so they did the dolls.

Lake/Michelle choose to follow Yolanda/Ray (?) and were annoyed when they did the dolls (they had hoped to follow them to the trolley place).

-Lori/NerdBoyfriend and MoJo share a cab.

-Eric/Jeremy, Lake/Michelle, Yolanda/Ray found the tiny clue and left to the pit stop (Russian square).

-By this point BJ/Tyler and Fran/Barry were *just* arriving (remember BJ/Tyler has been in first place when they left)

-Wanda/Desiree and the Dani's faced off in the scrubbing challenge.

-Lori/Nerd BF and MoJo were lost... they had yet to get to the detour place.

-Phil waiting at pit stop. Eric/Jeremy arrive first... Phil informs them they are team number one... however, they are still racing and he hands them their next clue.

*cue soap opera music*

• Members

OMG, I was completely shocked! To Be Continued this early in the Race?!?!?! Wow, this episode was immensely better than the first two episodes of this season.

Big turn around from last week... I was like "Yeah, this is more like it, no Pit Stop clue until at least 45 minutes into the hour." :lol:

A lot of excitement and drama in this ep. TAR is now truly back to form.

• Members

I was about to strangle Wanda.

I absolutely LOVE Lake/Michelle. They're so hick...LOL....just like me! :D

The Dani/Jeremy/Danielle/Eric qaudrangle had me surprsied, but I have a feeling that's about to simmer down.

I had a feeling that if this had been the pit stop and not a "TBC"...either Ray/Yolanda or the Dani's were going to be eliminated.

Can't wait for next week's epi!

• Members

OMG.

Now THIS episode WAS the Amazing Race! Damn. Best episode of the season.

I was half asleep and not really paying attention to the clock otherwise I probably would have guessed something was up because 50 minutes into the show no one had checked into the pitstop. Because when Phil said the leg was still going I literally said "Oh My God". LOL. Now, every to be continued since TAR6 (i never saw that TBC coming) I've been expecting just cause it happened around the same time, but this season I was shocked it was so early.

I loved how surprised Eric and Jeremy were. I am sad that this leg wasn't ended cause a little bit stronger team could have potentially been out and that damn "search for a clue" thing has got to go. It really screws over teams. Fran and Barry were in freaking SECOND place for the last half of the leg. It was anyone's leg. Now it's not so much.

God, what a good episode. Finally!

• Members

I can't believe I didn't notice it being 10:57 and no pit stop, let alone the clue not saying anything about a "pit stop" ... I guess I just wasn't paying attention to that, TAR7 and TAR8, I was totally looking for the TBC episode, listening for the final clue to "Find Phil" not "make your way to the Pit Stop"

I hope CBS steps up TAR's promotion even more during the Tournament, TAR is back to TAR4 ratings levels!

• Members

LMAO I am so on the same page as you. I was like totally blank and in past seasons was just waiting and looking for all the clues for a TBC episodes. I totally missed it this time!

And yeah, TAR needs MUCH better promotion. I dont think I saw a single one during Survivor tonight. I could be wrong but...

I think the move to 10PM hurt it a bit. If it was in the summer like TAR5 was it would rock in the ratings. I'm not worried about the shows future. Its CBS' prized reality show next to Survivor. Neither are going anywhere despite sagging ratings.

Archived